138: So Game We All

Howard Wen

Jan 30, 2007
So Game We All

"In January 2005, after the first season of Battlestar Galactica ended, Napoleon Nicdao rallied fans of the show within the FreeSpace 2 modding community, Hard Light Productions, to create a "simple" mod, which over time evolved into the standalone Beyond the Red Line. A 3-D graphics model artist, Nicdao used his talents to recreate the spacecraft seen throughout the show for the fan game."

Read Full Article

Deaf_Skull

Aug 14, 2007
Thanks for the review, ive been looking for a BSG game for ages, ive only ever found the X3 BSG Mod to be up to it but this is something ells.

Id like to stress THIS GAME IS FREE! The game is made by fans for the fans, no profit is being made from any part of the project.

Make a point of visiting the sight just to up the kudos for these guys. Support free/honestly priced games and the people who make them!

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Oh my, good work. I think I'm going to buy the game and download that mod, it looks so sweet.
It's way better than this half assed crap that got released by pros a few months back.

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
Arbre said:
Oh my, good work. I think I'm going to buy the game and download that mod, it looks so sweet.
It's way better than this half assed crap that got released by pros a few months back.
Lucky you, the "game" is free. Freespace 2 is all non-commercial licensed free.

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Geoffrey42 said:
Arbre said:
Lucky you, the "game" is free. Freespace 2 is all non-commercial licensed free.
Really? That's even better! It's all mine now!

StevieC

Jan 9, 2008
There's a GREAT StarFox fan game in the works that's also being made as a FreeSpace 2 mod. I don't know when or if it's ever coming out though.
StarFox 64. BEST. ENDING. EVER.

Gillies

Dec 10, 2008
I am a huge fan of the space combat sim genre. It really is a shame that the genre is dying. It would be amazing to play this genre on next gen consoles. We have the technology. EVE has shown this, sadly with a crappy combat system. I still say the best way to soak up hours on the computer is to do some bounty hunting missions on the game Freelancer. Maybe one day developers will remember the good old days of flying in a cockpit of a ship and nothing but space and your own choices infront of you.

rohit9891

Jan 21, 2009
Freelancer was one of my favourite space sim combat title...
too bad no one released a follow up to that game