14-Year-Old Whiz Kid Knocks Angry Birds Off Its Roost

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
AHA! You see? Not all teenage gamers suck.

Granted, the game is practically identical to many an internet flash game simply converted onto the IPhone but game programming is extremely difficult so I have to commend the kid for creating a fully functional and still quite fun game in it's own right and getting it to be so popular.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
I don't really care since it was made by a child, if he was a few years older then I might have some interest.

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
because its a 14 year old kid. I'll say: well done for having the drive and concentration to get this done!

however.

this is just another damn physics game... it shouldn't be that popular...

if its only been downloaded that many times because "wow! a 14 year old made it!!!" then you're all n00bs.

in fact, if anything, its the SDK that has to be commended.

14 year olds do this type of thing all the time... I suppose because they aren't associated with an apple product though, their work doesn't get hyped up and blown out of proportion for no rational reason...

still, let that be a lesson to you:
make an iphone app! never has it been easier to milk suckers for all they're worth.
hell, if you like, you can even make a genuinely good one! that way you don't have to feel bad.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Ickorus said:
Im sure I saw that exact game online as a flash game years ago.
Off topic, but I sat there slapping your avatar for quite a few minutes.

OT: Good job kid, I guess. I don't like those kind of games that much though.

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
Apparently then, the formula for the perfect game includes ripping off Crayon Physics (or a poor attempt at).

LordDPS

Jun 4, 2010
damit i have to get my recently turned 15 yearold backside up and start finish the dominion aint what it used to be http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story_preview.php?storyid=6439122&chapter=1 any thoughts

crepesack

May 20, 2008
It's not difficult to make the game. He just had the initiative to do it. Any computer course will teach you the necessary code writing to do it...So yes I'm crazy jealous I didn't think of it...

RolandOfGilead

Dec 17, 2010
Such a programming nerd, the one part that stands out to me is the fact that he used Lua.
Such a good language.
www.lua.org