Alolan Dugtrio Revealed in Pokemon Sun And Moon Demo

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Alolan Dugtrio Revealed in Pokemon Sun And Moon Demo

The Alolan variant of Pokemon's Dugtrio is FABULOUS!

The Pokemon Sun and Moon demo [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168636-Pokemon-Sun-and-Moon-Playable-Demo-on-Nintendo-eShop-Tomorrow] hit certain regions today, and players are already discovering a few little things that we didn't know about the game. Perhaps the best of these discoveries is the Alolan form for everyone's favorite three-headed digging Pokemon: Dugtrio. Check it out below, thanks to Twitter user Luis:

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/ruiisuD/status/788208196271820800]

That's right, Dugtrio has been given an absolutely fabulous head (heads?) of hair! Plenty of other sources have Alolan Exeggutor [https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/788215298449149955], I'm not particularly surprised.

The demo is available now for certain regions, including Japan and Oceania. It will be available in the US tomorrow, on October 18.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/ruiisuD/status/788208196271820800]

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Gen 7 Worst gen. I kept holding out that maybe Gen 4 would keep the title, but nope. I give up.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Oh really now? Well then, everyone with me:

Mole People, Mole People
Dig like mole, hair like people

*repeat eternally*

I'm kinda down with it, just hope there's more than blonde hair. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the shiny Diglett/Digtrio end up having pompadours or some sort...

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Everything else so far (yes, even Exeggutor), one could at least attempt to justify. The sunlight caused Exeggutor to sprout up, the Vulpix retreated into the snowy mountains, etc. But what the in hell did nature do in giving Dugtrio hairstyles? Surely digging through the earth on a regular basis (HEAD-FIRST) would ruin their hair-do's constantly - even if they are owned and groomed like Alolan Meowth or Furfrou.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Saelune said:
Gen 7 Worst gen. I kept holding out that maybe Gen 4 would keep the title, but nope. I give up.
...ok, cool. Since I'm your opposite clone as Gen IV is my personal favorite generation and VII looks to be even better in my opinion I guess I'll just disagree. What's wrong with Dugtrio here? It's silly, yes, but Dugtrio with Dudebro hair doesn't really ruin it for me. I mean, beyond the fact that they are three mole rats huddled together.

OT: So, what's the second typing going to be? It's been kind of easy to tell with most of the other Alolan Pokemon but this one's leaving me with a blank.

EDIT:
Auron225 said:
Everything else so far (yes, even Exeggutor), one could at least attempt to justify. The sunlight caused Exeggutor to sprout up, the Vulpix retreated into the snowy mountains, etc. But what the in hell did nature do in giving Dugtrio hairstyles? Surely digging through the earth on a regular basis (HEAD-FIRST) would ruin their hair-do's constantly - even if they are owned and groomed like Alolan Meowth or Furfrou.
The answer is clearly pancakes. Endless stacks of fluffy pancakes with gentle waterfalls of maple syrup :p

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
This and the results of the datamine coming out in a few hours makes staying up past 12 worth it.

Edit:Yup it looks like we got a severe leakage on twitter. Alolan Persian looks ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure it's a LOL cat now.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I feel like people are overreacting to what appears to be a simple visual gag to what was always a visual gag pokemon.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
weirdee said:
I feel like people are overreacting to what appears to be a simple visual gag to what was always a visual gag pokemon.
This.

I think it's just a joke. It's simply too ridiculous.

Then again, Mega Slowbro happened, and that's literally a joke dorkly made. [http://2.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/11/28/c11c8699a8329cc1e0bab0629b906f05.jpg]

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
Semi-DemiFiend said:
This and the results of the datamine coming out in a few hours makes staying up past 12 worth it.

Edit:Yup it looks like we got a severe leakage on twitter. Alolan Persian looks ridiculous.

Man, all I want to know is the final total # of new pokemon so I can compare with previous gens, but I don't want to actually SEE any of them because I want to be surprised by what they are in game.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Gizen said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:

Man, all I want to know is the final total # of new pokemon so I can compare with previous gens, but I don't want to actually SEE any of them because I want to be surprised by what they are in game.
All I know now is that the number surpasses 80.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
They could have used this opportunity to finally show Diglet above ground. Instead they put them in drag. I'm done.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
i like stupid things so i like this. I wonder if their hair is a reference to something? At first I was thinking Curly, Larry and Moe - but none of them are buzzed/bald.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Of all the gen 1 Pokemon that got the Aloha treatment, why Dugtrio? Even then why I can under a new colour and a slight changed in shape but Aloha Dugtrio is the same but with hair???

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I think it's meant to be funny, they are having fun.
Unfortunately though, after looking at the demo dex leak, Gamefreak's fun may be at our expense.

[sub]Not a big fan of this gen at all, at least I can find six that I like, but there really are some ugly mons here, especially the majority of Alolan forms.[/sub]
[sub][sub][sub]Beltiger is awful, but I'll take it over Alolan Persian any day. It's like they asked themselves, "Let's take inspiration from purugly, okay now how do we make it worse?"[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Weaver said:
i like stupid things so i like this. I wonder if their hair is a reference to something? At first I was thinking Curly, Larry and Moe - but none of them are buzzed/bald.
It's probably a reference to fuzzy coconuts, or the fact that coconut oil is often used in hair products.

It has more solid rocks around it, though. It may be a reference to glam rock or the stereotypical rocker look in general. Possibly going to have ground/rock typing?

Eclipse Dragon said:
[sub][sub][sub]Beltiger is awful, but I'll take it over Alolan Persian any day. It's like they asked themselves, "Let's take inspiration from purugly, okay now how do we make it worse?"[/sub][/sub][/sub]
You mean Litten's final stage by Beltiger? I kinda like it.

I like Purugly. My feelings on Alolan Persian can be summed up by saying I wanted recoloured snobby Persian like we got recoloured snobby Meowth. I didn't get that and I'm not just disappointed, I'm downright miffed considering what I did get.