Alolan Dugtrio Revealed in Pokemon Sun And Moon Demo

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Headsprouter said:
You mean Litten's final stage by Beltiger? I kinda like it.
Yep, it would have been okay had it not followed three, bipedal, fire-fighting *inspired* designs [footnote]I know Beltiger is most likely going to be fire/dark, but it still looks fighting. It's like saying Charizard isn't a dragon because it doesn't have the dragon type, but hell if it doesn't look like one, certainly more so than Goodra.[/footnote]
Especially Emboar, they look like they could be half siblings in a furry themed anime.

I don't hate it, I'm just disappointed when it follows such a strong middle evolution. It's delphox all over again but with even less creativity.

Headsprouter said:
I like Purugly. My feelings on Alolan Persian can be summed up by saying I wanted recoloured snobby Persian like we got recoloured snobby Meowth. I didn't get that and I'm not just disappointed, I'm downright miffed considering what I did get.
I like purugly too, but I've seen it regularly criticized on the internet more so than other mons. As for Persian, I get that it's spoiled and should be fat, but it's not fat, it's head is fat and that's it. If it was fat all throughout it's body, I'd be more okay with that.

Oct 22, 2011
To people that are asking "Is this is some kind of a joke?" I have an answer:[HEADING=1]YES[/HEADING]

Alola region is heavily inspired by Hawaii. What are Hawaii Isles known from, among other things?

THAT'S RIGHT. Surfing.

Dudetrio are surfer dudes.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
MrCalavera said:
To people that are asking "Is this is some kind of a joke?" I have an answer:[HEADING=1]YES[/HEADING]

I don't know why people are surprised by dudetrio.

Edit: I feel this is relevant. Also the shiny sprite has sunburn.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Eclipse Dragon said:
I get your feelings on Beltiger. I think most hoped for a quadruped but given that we didn't get that I think there's a lot of personality in what we got. Perhaps it reminds me of Tiny from Crash Bandicoot and that's why I'm fond of the design...

It's funny you should relate it to Emboar, did you know Infernape and Emboar are both inspired by the same story, Journey to the West? It's them who should be the half-siblings!

I've mellowed out on Persian. Still disappointed, but at least there's some thought process in that its head is more similar to Meowth, which was oddly stylised compared to classic Persian.
The colour is making me thing of a fat-faced russian blue [http://www.russianblue.org.uk/im/Cover4.jpg] or a British British shorhair [https://uk.animalblog.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/british-shorthair-bleu.jpg].

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Saelune said:
Gen 7 Worst gen. I kept holding out that maybe Gen 4 would keep the title, but nope. I give up.
Gen 3 is much worse than Gen 4.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
09philj said:
Saelune said:
Gen 7 Worst gen. I kept holding out that maybe Gen 4 would keep the title, but nope. I give up.
Probopass, Magnezone, and Lickilicki say otherwise.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Saelune said:
09philj said:
Saelune said:
They weren't attached to a game with more surfing than a Hawaiian beach.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
09philj said:
Saelune said:
09philj said:
Saelune said:
They weren't attached to a game with more surfing than a Hawaiian beach.
I would add that I primarily judge a Gen by the Pokemon and plot. On a technical level each gen is better than the previous. Im sure gameplay wise Gen 7 will be better than gen 6 which was better than 5 which was better than 4 etc. But the Pokemon in this are beyond awful. I have little faith in the plot being stellar either.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Headsprouter said:
Since the fire starters are indirectly based off the Chinese zodiac, that leaves a sheep, a snake, a rabbit, a horse and an ox left. I hope they start changing it up soon, otherwise they're going to run into issues trying to differentiate in any meaningful way between a sheep, a horse and an ox. I can almost bet the horse will be bipedal, otherwise they run into Rapidash 2.0 problems.

Edit: Then again, maybe they'll all be bipedal, they have always been and even if they're changing some of the formula this gen, Pokemon has been pretty resistant to shaking things up overall.

Hehe bipedal snake, can't wait to see my Pokemon fire starter counterpart.

Edit 2: Fixed formatting.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Eclipse Dragon said:
Forgot about the zodiac thing...bipedal snake's already been done. Remember Snivy and Servine?

I'm personally looking forward to the Ox. A cute baby bovine that becomes a badass fire Tauros? Yes please.