Bayonetta Launches on Steam Today With 4K Support and New Graphics Options

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Bayonetta Launches on Steam Today With 4K Support and New Graphics Options

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1396/1396742.jpgIf you've always wanted to play Bayonetta on PC, you can grab the game on Steam starting today.

Platinum Games is bringing Bayonetta to the PC today, with 4K support and a number of newly added advanced graphics options. The official announcement was expected later today, but the news showed up early on Engadget [https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/11/bayonetta-brings-heel-guns-and-hair-fights-to-the-pc/].

There has been much speculation since teaser site with a countdown [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169955-April-Fools-Day-Jokes] that ended today with the announcement of the PC version.

It's not just a straight port, as the version now for sale on Steam offers support for 4K resolutions, as well as a number of additional graphics options. Those include texture quality, texture filtering, anti-aliasing, shadow quality, SSAO quality, and HDR. Sega's press release says that you can "Experience the over-the-top stylish action in 60 FPS, at unlocked HD resolutions."

If you buy the PC version between now and April 25, you'll get the Digital Deluxe Edition at no additional cost. That version of the game comes along with a five track soundtrack sampler, a digital artbook, wallpapers and avatars. You'll also get both English and Japanese voice overs and subtitles.

Gamers are still holding out hope for a third game in the Bayonetta series, but there's been no word on whether or not that might happen. You can pick up the PC version of <a href="http://store.steampowered.com/app/460790/"
target="_blank">Bayonetta on Steam for $19.99.

[gallery=7189]

Feb 7, 2016
That's awesome. I've always wanted to play it in full, but I only ever played it briefly on PS3.

Here's hoping Bayonetta 2 doesn't have anything too binding from Nintendo to keep it on the WiiU. I understand if it wasn't for them it wouldn't have likely existed, but it's still kind of shit it was never available on anything else.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
DeliveryGodNoah said:
That's awesome. I've always wanted to play it in full, but I only ever played it briefly on PS3.

Here's hoping Bayonetta 2 doesn't have anything too binding from Nintendo to keep it on the WiiU. I understand if it wasn't for them it wouldn't have likely existed, but it's still kind of shit it was never available on anything else.
Sonic Lost worlds was suppose to be a Nintendo Wii U exclusive, but it made it's way onto Steam. Not that it was a great game, but it's possible Bayo 2 could show up.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
DeliveryGodNoah said:

I don't think Bayo 2 is as "Nintendo Exclusive" as its made out to be. We saw RE4 be called an "exclusive" under very similar circumstances and look what happened there.I get that Nintendo payed for the developement, but if Sega ports it themselves (like they did with this Bayo 1 port) and add extra content like with RE4's ports, they can put it on whatever they like. They still own the IP.

Hell, they can tell Nintendo to piss off if they want to make a Switch port.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
dragongit said:
DeliveryGodNoah said:

Sonic Lost worlds was suppose to be a Nintendo Wii U exclusive, but it made it's way onto Steam. Not that it was a great game, but it's possible Bayo 2 could show up.
This. There have been a lot of Nintendo exclusives that wound up on other platforms. RE:4, Killer 7, and Viewtiful Joe were all a part of the failed "Capcom 5" and they all got ported. I'm kinda surprised the Operation Rainfall games weren't ported either considering only Xenoblade Chronicles made decent sales.

Zendervai

Feb 1, 2010
AzrealMaximillion said:
This. There have been a lot of Nintendo exclusives that wound up on other platforms. RE:4, Killer 7, and Viewtiful Joe were all a part of the failed "Capcom 5" and they all got ported. I'm kinda surprised the Operation Rainfall games weren't ported either considering only Xenoblade Chronicles made decent sales.
I know with Xenoblade Chronicles at least, Nintendo outright owns Monolith Soft, the developers and I don't think Mistwalker (of the Last Story) have ever released a game on more than one console. Pandora's Tower just kind of did eh overall.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
dragongit said:
DeliveryGodNoah said:

The difference, though, is that Nintendo pretty much funded Bayonetta 2's development, so I doubt they'll just let the game be ported to Steam.

I could be wrong, but that's just my thoughts.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Coming from a huge Devil May Cry & Metal Gear Rising fan, this is fantastic news!

I never thought I'd be so happy to see Bayonetta in my wishlist. :')

Except I don't have a credit card. So it will forever remain out of my digital-purchasing capabilities. :'(

PointlessKnowledge

It Can Wait Til Morning
Legacy
Sep 8, 2014
Country
Canada
And my wishlist continues to grow. When I finally get some money, thus will be purchased.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Rip Van Rabbit said:
Coming from a huge Devil May Cry & Metal Gear Rising fan, this is fantastic news!

I never thought I'd be so happy to see Bayonetta in my wishlist. :')

Except I don't have a credit card. So it will forever remain out of my digital-purchasing capabilities. :'(
You could get a Steam wallet card. Buy one in a store, redeem the $20 on your account, then buy it with your wallet funds.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
BRUH, this is awesome! Give me as much Platinum as possible on PC. At $20 this is a great deal and hopefully by supporting it we can get other great Platinum games like Vanquish ported over. I just saw an article on PC Gamer about how Platinum likes supporting the PC and is getting more and more comfortable on the platform. As long as the publishers play nice they'll keep bringing the games.

http://www.pcgamer.com/bayonetta-is-out-now-on-pc-we-spoke-to-platinum-about-making-it-happen/

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
"meh" now if only the one i didn't own would show up somewhere i actually can get it

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
As a long-time Sony fan, I'd like to say to all my PC brethern: Welcome to the party, you're gonna enjoy this hell out of this game. Bayonetta is easily one of the best games I've ever played, and the more people who get to play it, the better. Now if Nintendo wouldn't be such miserly morons and let Bayonetta 2 go multi-platform (hopefully even seventh gen because that's about where the WiiU is), then the game might finally make a buck.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
marioandsonic said:
dragongit said:
DeliveryGodNoah said:

The difference, though, is that Nintendo pretty much funded Bayonetta 2's development, so I doubt they'll just let the game be ported to Steam.

I could be wrong, but that's just my thoughts.
Funding it doesn't mean buying the IP wholesale. Sega still owns Bayonetta as a franchise. They can port it themselves, then it becomes their game on everything that's not the Wii U. I doubt Nintendo can just make a Switch Exclusive port without having to go by Sega, and I don't think the contract covers multiple generations of console. I doubt either party thought Nintendo was going to release a console 3 years after Bayo 2's release.

Nintendo just foot the bill FOR Sega instead of Sega paying to make Bayo 2. That and signed a timed exclusivity deal. Nintendo has tossed money for exclusivity before, and unless we have definitive proof of Nintendo having an actual ownership stake of Bayonetta, I don't think this deal is as strong as its been made up to be. If that were the case, they'd be making money off of this port.