#145: Gloat Time

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Oh god, he's gone full Sephiroth.

However he may of made a mistake of going shirtless. If my memory serves me correctly the last boss fight when he battles shirtless didn't go great for him.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Is she going to mispronounce it?

It's Ignateus, which does not start with Ignis...

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Somebody is going to get melted into crystal gravy. Go go go.

Eric and Rad are huddled in the elevator. This is just like so many dreams I have had where I am supposed to be a superhero or wizard--and I'm just me. It would have been nice to see Rad cast one spell or Erin do one hyper-acrobatic feat.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
PhiMed said:
Is she going to mispronounce it?

It's Ignateus, which does not start with Ignis...
Ignis Maximus or something, maybe. I mean, Ignateus was one tier of spell, and we know Ultimate Saga has several tiers.

youngstormlord

Sep 24, 2013
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero. -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I am having visions of him being fast enough to stab her through the heart before she finishes... :'(

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
Hummh... That calm and cheerful at the prospect of unleashing fiery hell upon people... I'd be just as freaked out as Erin and Rad.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Caramel Frappe said:
Shield guy is smart. He doesn't judge people, nor underestimate them.

If you see a single person walk out of the elevator, confident while talking to your shirtless boss ...
You know something's up. You know that single 'healer' is more than meet's the eye, and he's ready for it.

Meanwhile I can't wait to see rip-off Sephiroth get wrecked for mocking our beloved girl.
Everybody made fun of shield guy for majoring in shieldology in college. But who will be laughing when a fiery inferno comes? Not shield guy, because he'll be too busy hiding behind his shield.
Fischgopf said:
I like this Comic but man does it move sloooooooooooow. Nice to see the plot going somewhere again. Now just don't stretch this out with DBZ powering up or something xD
The sad thing is that it moves lightning fast compared to most webcomics.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Shield guy is smart. He doesn't judge people, nor underestimate them.

If you see a single person walk out of the elevator, confident while talking to your shirtless boss ...
You know something's up. You know that single 'healer' is more than meet's the eye, and he's ready for it.

Meanwhile I can't wait to see rip-off Sephiroth get wrecked for mocking our beloved girl.
Well my prediction is that the fire will go around the shield and burn shield guy along with all the other guards. But Sephiripoff will survive either because he has too many hit points, some bullshit immunity, or because he has drunk about a million healing potions. Althea won't know what to do but Rad will tie Sephiripoffs hair to some fixture while he isn't looking and they'll be able to run past.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
I don't see why everyone gives the guy with the shield so much credit - he clearly just fell asleep on the job and nobody noticed yet.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
Fox12 said:
Shield Guy knows what's up.
Beaten to the punch several times over, this was my first thought. My money's on only him and Captain Crystal still standing (the latter, perhaps buckling a bit) in the next few seconds.

Loving the look on Althea here.