#145: Gloat Time

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
This spell has to be at least as strong as a fist assisted tank shell explosion. If the crystal arm gave him a significant buff then the spell has to be brokenly overpowered, approaching the ludicrous level of character sacrificing life to boost magic in a prerendered cutscene level of power.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Fox12 said:
Everybody made fun of shield guy for majoring in shieldology in college. But who will be laughing when a fiery inferno comes? Not shield guy, because he'll be too busy hiding behind his shield.
When you major in Tanking, you take damage management very serious. Let's hope he also took extra courses in Elemental resistance and Crit Immunity. Not every university (game) includes that in Tanking.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
Much as I'd like to see not-Sephiroth eat some bhut jolokia flavored humble pie, I'm expecting this to get even more depressing.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
PhiMed said:
Is she going to mispronounce it?

It's Ignateus, which does not start with Ignis...
It's either that, or she's going to use a more powerful version of fire. A "firaga" to Ignateus' "Fire", if you will. :p

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Dang, would have liked to see her rampage a bit before the boss fight. Strike some fear into enemies, see them run, explosions, etc.

This is good, though.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
MeatMachine said:
Only 3 belts?
We have a Final Fantasy character who is showing restraint.
At least they are still ridiculously big belts, he's not a minimalist after all.

Also, Grey and Cory, I really love the way you drew the crystal arm and sword, thing, it looks really sharp and shiny.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Oh god, it's Not-Sephiroth. I'd forgotten about him. Don't do it, Fluttershy! You're the Not-Aerith of the bunch, this won't end well!

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
Kajin said:
Oh god, it's Not-Sephiroth. I'd forgotten about him. Don't do it, Fluttershy! You're the Not-Aerith of the bunch, this won't end well!
Ahem; Sword Guy was the not-Aerith of the bunch. The characters don't map directly; ersatz-Tifa is the leader of ersatz-AVALANCHE, not ersatz-Barrett; ersatz-Vincent is not the broody one of the bunch; there's no ersatz-Yuffie, near as I can tell (unless it's Erin), to say nothing of Red XIII (unless it's Rad)*. If anything, Althea's the not-Cloud of the bunch.

*Does that make Gunny the not-Cid, by process of elimination? He does have experience with rockets, I'd imagine.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
This should be interesting... wonder how it's gonna play out (and if that shield guy will end up lucking because he's prepared...)