The Escapist Presents March Mayhem: Developers' Showdown 2008

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
The Escapist Presents March Mayhem: Developers' Showdown 2008

We here at The Escapist are proud to introduce March Mayhem: Developers' Showdown [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournament/index], the community-wide tournament to determine which developer gamers really love most.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Argh... though I'm a fan of Wideload myself, I can't see myself honestly voting for them over Nintendo in that first bracket. I'm thinking the league needs to implement some salary caps for next year's draft...

-- Steve

TFWolf

Mar 11, 2008
I hate to sound whiny but what about Insomniac? Ratchet and Clank is one of the greatest platformers ever and two of the best games for the PS3 right now are from Insomniac!

freetogoodhome

Mar 2, 2008
The east bracket looks entertaining. I'm thinking it will be bungie vs. valve in round 4. I know where my votes going.

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
TFWolf said:
I hate to sound whiny but what about Insomniac? Ratchet and Clank is one of the greatest platformers ever and two of the best games for the PS3 right now are from Insomniac!
Like the real tournament, sometimes teams get left out due to space or other voting considerations. Maybe next year!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I look forward to voting option. Very cool indeed. Now I have two types of brackets to look forward to!

REDPill357

Jan 5, 2008
I'm glad something I care about is doing a "Final Four" deal. The two good rock stations are doing it, but one has a low-taste audience, and the other has modern rock on it, too.

Well, just give Valve the crown/trophy/whatever already, because they won.

njsykora

Sep 11, 2007
Guys guys guys. Lovely setup and all, but no Atlus? Or even TellTale. For shame. You should put up a little primer with what these guys have done because I don't recognise a whole bunch of names on there.

I repeat what Redpill said. Can we just crown Valve and have done with it?

Here are my bracket winning predictions.
Midwest: Nintendo (by miles, sorry Harmonix)
West: Blizzard (most unpredictable bracket here)
East: Valve (will edge out Double Fine in the final)
South: Capcom (tricky one to call with Ubi, Bioware and Infinity Ward in there)

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
njsykora said:
Guys guys guys. Lovely setup and all, but no Atlus? Or even TellTale. For shame. You should put up a little primer with what these guys have done because I don't recognise a whole bunch of names on there.

I repeat what Redpill said. Can we just crown Valve and have done with it?

Here are my bracket winning predictions.
Midwest: Nintendo (by miles, sorry Harmonix)
West: Blizzard (most unpredictable bracket here)
East: Valve (will edge out Double Fine in the final)
South: Capcom (tricky one to call with Ubi, Bioware and Infinity Ward in there)
The best part about the NCAA tournament each year is the upsets. I think you will find multiple here as well. I don't even have a prediction as of yet because there is so much! Can't wait to see how it turns out

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
I have cast my votes. The hardest one so far ArenaNet versus Turbine. Guild Wars or Lord of the Rings? Aaaaargh.

Myan

I Want to Go to There!
Dec 16, 2003
I can't believe how close some of these are. And I also can't believe how often I'm checking back throughout the day to see who's winning :)

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
ahhh my beautiful blizzard..... lol
mmmm valve ftw! I think its bellevue btw not belleview