Metallica Getting Its Own Guitar Hero

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Metallica Getting Its Own Guitar Hero

Metallica will become the second band to get its own Guitar Hero game, according to an Activision SEC filing.

With less than a month before the release of Guitar Hero: Aeromsith [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/83269], Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Edward Woo has discovered plans for a Metallica-centric version of the game in Activision's 10-K SEC filing from May 30. According to the filing, the Metallica Hero would be released before March 31, 2009 (the end of Activision's fiscal year).

The filing [http://google.brand.edgar-online.com/DisplayFiling.aspx?TabIndex=2&FilingID=5971650&companyid=9358&ppu=%252fdefault.aspx%253fsym%253dATVI] reads, "In fiscal 2009, we plan to publish Guitar Hero: On Tour for the NDS; Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: Metallica, and Guitar Hero IV across multiple platforms."

Source: GameSpot [http://www.gamespot.com/news/6191921.html]

Sgt. Gunlock

May 27, 2008
all I can say is Fuck Metallica there a buch of Sell out's that had something back in the 90's but now there jumping on the band wagon it well make Even more Popular because kids just getting in to Rock or Metal could be swayed in to licsening to this shit if any one on here wants to play good Metallica songs just download it off Xbox Live for Rock Band Witch is Far better than Gay-tar Hero (I realize this well piss alot of peaple off and this is what I have to Say) GO FUCK YOUR SELF.

Fiskmasen

Apr 6, 2008
Sgt. Gunlock said:
all I can say is Fuck Metallica there a buch of Sell out's that had something back in the 90's but now there jumping on the band wagon it well make Even more Popular because kids just getting in to Rock or Metal could be swayed in to licsening to this shit if any one on here wants to play good Metallica songs just download it off Xbox Live for Rock Band Witch is Far better than Gay-tar Hero (I realize this well piss alot of peaple off and this is what I have to Say) GO FUCK YOUR SELF.
You, my good sir, are an idiot.
Anyway, I've lost track of all these games, but I do know Activision got their grubby hands on it, so no big surprise that they're milking it.

Sgt. Gunlock

May 27, 2008
Fiskmasen said:
Sgt. Gunlock said:
You, my good sir, are an idiot.
Anyway, I've lost track of all these games, but I do know Activision got their grubby hands on it, so no big surprise that they're milking it.

how does that make me an Idoit I hate Metallic and I think its sad what there doing to Guitar hero thats why I like Rock band Because Harmonix made it and they know what there doing and have more fun with that than Guitar Hero

Wow. No punctuation. Bad grammar. And a general serving of toolery. Enjoy your ban.

<3~ A

Nov 28, 2007
...Actually, one of the execs at Sony/ACV has expressed interest in bringing about a Beatles edition. And I agree they shouldn't be full priced. Which is why I'm not buying Aerosmith edition right away, nor will I buy this right away.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
And so the beating of the dead horse commences...
I'm alright with them beating the horse, as long as they beat it in the Metallica, Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin areas of its corpse. Besides that, I'm staying away from that horse.
Still, it sucks that this stuff is full-price.

bkd69

Nov 23, 2007
Can somebody please explain this 'milking' concept to me, in regards to the Guitar Hero line of games?

Lance Icarus

Oct 12, 2007
A Metallica Guitar Hero game? FINALLY a game I can get my girlfriend to play! You know, I wonder if you can unlock different versions of the band throughout the years. That would own so hard. I also can't wait for the special Guitar Hero guitar they'll release with the game.

Oh, I'm excited.

Ruffythepirate

Apr 15, 2008
I don't understand why they don't just put the songs up as downloads instead of launching a new game. Guitar Hero (for the xbox 360) hardly uses the download feature as it is.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
Metallica sucks in fact.
They've been unoriginal ever since their third album, they steal other band's riffs and they don't give a shit about their fans.

In my opinion...