Metallica Getting Its Own Guitar Hero

ProjectileVomit

Jan 18, 2008
just put the songs in the freakin' DLC! I'm tired of seeing Activation milking the creativity out of Guitar Hero. When it first came out, I'm like,"cool, a game that lets me feel like a rock star." And now they just sell the same thing over and over. What's next?
GH: Rush
GH: Led Zeppelin
GH: Slayer
GH: Iron Maiden
GH: Cannibal Corpse?
ok maybe not Cannibal Corpse, but you know what I'm trying to say

ProjectileVomit

Jan 18, 2008
just put the songs in the freakin' DLC! I'm tired of seeing Activation milking the creativity out of Guitar Hero. When it first came out, I'm like,"cool, a game that lets me feel like a rock star." And now they just sell the same thing over and over. What's next?
GH: Rush
GH: Led Zeppelin
GH: Slayer
GH: Iron Maiden
GH: Cannibal Corpse?
ok maybe not Cannibal Corpse, but you know what I'm trying to say

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
They say these are full price because "DLC gives you the song - but expansions give you the experience" [http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=888]

Yeah I guess having some muppets that look like Aerosmith and Metallica really make all the difference in peoples purchases.

Lance Icarus

Oct 12, 2007
Now that I re-read the article and see the typo, I can't help but wonder if Guitar Hero: Aerosith wouldn't be the best video game ever. Rock ballads and lightsaber battles? Sign me up!

ShadeOfRed

Jan 20, 2008
DLC doesn't give you the experience of play Metallica, but buying another GH expansion does? God, Activision must like it's milk. And by that, I mean stupid people's and fanboy's money.

Oh-Wiseone

Jun 9, 2008
Guitar Hero died for with with GH3, no video game should cause phsyical pain and still not judge me good enough to keep playing.

Aliencrash

May 16, 2008
I enjoyed GH3 for the whole set list of different artists and it showed me some songs that ive missed in my music collection. I wasnt planning on getting rock band untill lately because i was waiting to see what they did with the DLC and the set list (ok im an xbox junkie). I will probably get rock band, but these expansions should not be full articles hell i agree with nilpferdkoenig about the price for what its worth meaning i won't be touching these aerosmith and metallica items unless the set list was hand picked by god or something. Guitar hero has been done and dusted now and i doubt activision would be able to pull anything out of theyre toybox to impress a lot of us anymore.

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
I'm not a massive fan of Guitar Hero, but I've loved Metallica since I was like three years old, back in the Kill em All, Ride the Lightning days. I may have to purchase this.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Why no Korn?

not to mention Dragonforce, poor bastards have more than one song.