151: This is The End

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
You ever play Drakengard? Or some Chaos Legion? Better have some Disagea or something on standby, the dull, driving repetitiveness might cause you to lose faith in humanity and kill yourself.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
pyromcr said:
a game like that is animal crossing, it sucks but for some reason i can not stop playing it...
I have the same issue

except I see the genius of a simple game like that :p

Zerbye

Aug 1, 2008
the_carrot said:
The beginning of HL2 leaps immediately to mind as an example, until Ravenholm the game is boring as hell. Super straightforward and literally disinteresting, I had to force myself to play. Which I simply view as a philosophical mistake, bordering on idiocy. It took me months of real time to reach Ravenholm I was so bored with it.
I had the exact same impression of HL2, except I stopped playing the instant I reached Ravenholm. However, I have to thank you for inspiring me to continue past my last save (a few years old now). Like you said, it wasn't because of a difficult spot, but a difficulty in keeping my interest.

My most recent experience to push through a game was last year when I completed the Prince of Persia trilogy on my original XBox when my 360 RROD'd. I had always meant to finish the "Two Thrones", and this gave me the perfect opportunity. The quicktime hell that was the Sword and the Axe fight in a Soulcalibur-type arena was excruciating...I started that at 1am and finished around 3:30am. It was ridiculous, the closer I got to getting the unforgiving timing nailed down, the later it got, the more sleepy I was becoming, the slower my reflexes became, the angrier I became, and I was too worked up to head to bed. I was either going to complete this stupid event, or fall asleep with the controller in my hand as the sun came up. (Note: this was never a problem before I hit 30...sleep wasn't an obstacle that gaming couldn't handle back then.) Now, I can say I've completed the entire story arc, but for what? I don't get an achievement for it, and only my brother appreciates my story, and he's probably forgotten about it by now. It was satisfying finishing the story, but man is it an embarrassing reminder of how OCD I was at that moment.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Zera said:
I can actually relate a bit. I bought a game called Musashi for the PS2. That game was incredibly boring and slow( but it looked great, thank you Square Enix), yet I tanked through it and finished it in the end. Still wonder why to this day really.
Oh god. You played the horrid sequel. The original was much, much, much better.

Anyway, I can't be bothered 100%ing Japanese games. Those guys really like a challenge.

Western devs tends to just put shit like Hidden Collectables. Japanese devs are just EVIL.