Muslim Virtual World Coming Soon

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Muslim Virtual World Coming Soon

Muxlim.com [http://muxlim.com/], an online social network dedicated to the Muslim community, has announced the forthcoming launch of the world's first Muslim-oriented virtual world.

Described as "not unlike Second Life [http://www.secondlife.com/]," the new online world is designed to fit within the standards of the Muslim world, and is thus expected to be allowed through the IP blocks enforced by countries like the United Arab Emirates, which keep people from accessing games and content deemed objectionable to Muslim culture. The new virtual community "will allow the opportunity to wear a hijab, and go to prayer rooms," although presumably there will be more to it than that. Muxlim itself is a "standard social network offering community features, blogs and video sharing."

Muxlim.com Vice President Ashar Saeed said the Muslim virtual world should attract sponsorships from companies like Coca-Cola, which already advertise heavily in the online space, while direct revenues will be generated via VIP accounts, the sale of both virtual and physical merchandise, advertising and "branded communities." Muxlim.com, which went live in December 2006, currently attracts roughly 1.5 million unique visits per month; the new venture, which was not named, is expected to launch in 4-6 weeks.

Source: TechCrunch [http://uk.techcrunch.com/2008/10/20/muxlim-plans-muslim-worlds-first-virtual-world/]

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Good for them. I wish someone would make a Jewish virtual world like this. I would be on that game quicker than you can say 'Gamestop'.I suppose the experience would be too varied though. Everyone would end up fighting and complaining. Failure is almost assured. Unless it was in Israel, then all the Jews would unite to defend our homeland.

If the game was realistic, that is.

Think I've been thinking about the "Why all the hate on Judaism?" thread too much?

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
Good luck to them, I've heard quite a bit about muslim gamers over the last week or two... About time gaming started gettign apcepted by more people as an enjoyable medium.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
i thought the whole point of video games was to shrug off the bordom and yoke of society. Then go and do whatever you want. Why would you play a video game that is just like what you do during the day? Because you like living in a oppressive society that tries to rule over every moment of your life, and if you do why are you playing a game? Go outside and enjoy it.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Well if it's like Secondlife that's awesome, because Secondlife is quite impressive in the technical terms - with it's UGC.

(though why are muslims making a game when they can't even spell "muslims" right?!)

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
This is asking for trouble. I wonder how long until they have their first, virtual public execution because of some guy registering his Avatar as "Mohammed".

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Tiamat666 post=7.74921.851003 said:
This is asking for trouble. I wonder how long until they have their first, virtual public execution because of some guy registering his Avatar as "Mohammed".
By this logic, 99.99% of muslim males would have been executed, since Mohammed, is a common first name/middle name. Now if you are done trolling, have a nice fucking day.

Interesting 'concept', but boring. World of Peacecraft ftw.

Ambarato

Jun 5, 2008
This is interesting. Wonder wether it has/will happen with other beliefs? Wonder what a world of atheists would be like (i'd be so there!)?

Also, I can see some problems maybe occuring between sunny and shia muslims. That and massive sackboy grievers avenging the delay of their beloved game.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
cainx10a post=7.74921.851029 said:
Tiamat666 post=7.74921.851003 said:
By this logic, 99.99% of muslim males would have been executed, since Mohammed, is a common first name/middle name. Now if you are done trolling, have a nice fucking day.

Interesting 'concept', but boring. World of Peacecraft ftw.
Steady on while not expressed partulary well it is a valid point. While it is pefectly reasonable for you or your children to be named Mohammed (seen as honouring the prophet etc) it is frowned upon to name anything else Mohammed. Which camp does naming your online avatar fall into I wonder.

TheDean

Sep 12, 2008
PATHETIC!!!

DO NOT WANT
Muslim-world? WTF, we don't need crpa like this. And no, i'm not being anti-muslim here. We don't need ANYTHING EVER thaty is only for certain people. EVERYONE shjou8ld be allwoed in everything. I hate creaitng divisions like this.

EPIC FAIL!

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
TheDean post=7.74921.851154 said:
PATHETIC!!!

DO NOT WANT
Muslim-world? WTF, we don't need crpa like this. And no, i'm not being anti-muslim here. We don't need ANYTHING EVER thaty is only for certain people. EVERYONE shjou8ld be allwoed in everything. I hate creaitng divisions like this.

EPIC FAIL!
I love bigots. I am one too. Can we be friendz?

ianuam

Aug 28, 2008
Oh joy, more segregation, just what we need to promote interfaith understanding and fighting hatred between groups.

Yeanboy

Mar 30, 2008
totally agree. theres enough of that in the real world and now they want to expand it to the net. A god awful idea, whats more ( im in really not being predudice in my views .. any faults i make are from the view point of the news and other things i pick up and hear.. so maybe it is me XD ) isnt this just like the old prisons of britain where people jailed for not ebing able to pay meaningless fiens would leave as criminals? The extreamist groups would expand due to this "private netowrk", young minds are easilly infulenced.