Kerrigan Voice Actor Dropped From StarCraft 2

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Kerrigan Voice Actor Dropped From StarCraft 2

Glynnis Talken, the original voice of Sarah Kerrigan in StarCraft 2 [http://www.blizzard.com/starcraft/].

IMDB page [http://www.blizzard.com] also lists StarCraft 2 as her most recent role.

That would appear to be erroneous, however, as she has confirmed with StarCraft Legacy [http://www.sclegacy.com/content/editorials-8/the-voices-of-starcraft-ii-131/] that Blizzard has declined to bring her back for StarCraft 2. "Blizzard just gave me my Dear John phone call," she said. "Basically, it was 'We can still be friends - we just don't want to see you anymore.' Ha ha! Ah well...that's showbiz."

Talken has a long history of voice acting with Blizzard, with roles in Diablo, Diablo 2, StarCraft and the Brood War expansion, Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne and World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. Clotworthy's work with Blizzard is so far limited to the StarCraft franchise but he has considerable other voiceover experience in the game industry, appearing in games like EverQuest 2, Tekken 5, Kingdom Hearts 2, Lair and others. There's been no word yet whether he'll return to the game or not, but at this point it doesn't look very likely.

Jhereg42

Apr 11, 2008
AndyFromMonday said:
So....why the hell would Blizzard do that?
You know, I was thinking the same thing. Kerrigan is so iconic. . . it just seems strange.

Nov 5, 2007
AndyFromMonday said:
So....why the hell would Blizzard do that?
That's up for speculation. Maybe they asked too much ?
I just hope the topic doesn't get flooded with "I hate Blizzard. Won't buy SC2" comments.

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
I'll probably still buy SC2, but it'll be disappointing not to hear her voice again, the person replacing her will probably sound nothing like her, on the bright side, that means it will sound hilariously bad or even more awesome.

I wonder where they go to look for voice actors anyways? I never really figured out how to get in to that business.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
First they change Raynor's voice actor, then they split the game into three separate games, and now they drop Kerrigan's voice actor? What the hell is Blizzard doing?

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Tank207 said:
First they change Raynor's voice actor, then they split the game into three separate games, and now they drop Kerrigan's voice actor? What the hell is Blizzard doing?
Probably because the CEO of the company they merged with is a carpetbagging ass who only cares about money and sequels.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
A shame. She was a great voice. I hope that whoever they get to replace her can fill those shoes, but they're mighty big :/

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Arthas...Raynor...Kerrigan...next is DECKARD CAIN!! BEWARE!!!! FOR THE END OF TIME IS HERE! Not even the Doctor can save us this time! :(

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Tenmar said:
I gotta say this is so sad considering you need good voice actors if you really want to sell the game on speech to enhance the mood
Well it's a good thing Games aren't made of just voice acting alone then isn't it?

Seriously, As much as I appreciate the argument that the game has fully established character with certain attitude, personalities and voices, so screwing with that formula is going to fuck people off.

but when people consider possibly the greatest injustice in gaming then I think it's gone just a little too far.

Sure I understand you're all trying desperately to cling on to that authentic starcraft mood/feeling that you had while playing the original.

But You're forgetting, it ISN'T the original Boohoo, Kerrigan's voice will sound different!

I guess it's really not that bad considering it could have been much worse news.

Like: "The new installment of Starcraft will not be featuring Space Marines, instead they will be Pikmin."

Or evn worse for you people: "Yeah, that whole Starcraft two thing? Sorry, we've decided to make a sequel to WoW now, I know, who'd have thought eh?"

Seriously, As much as i try to udnerstand the problem here, it's not that bad.

Limos

Jun 15, 2008
Lamesauce. I liked the voices of Kerrigan and Raynor. They should have brought them back.