#159: Elemental Crystal of Smugitude

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
I'm curious to find out why the crystals sent everyone to stop the cola production in the first place. Perhaps the crystal Erin met was an outlier who disagreed with the plan?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Could someone give Althea a hand? It looks like she has some Tic-Tacs stuck in the corner of her eyes. :3

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Death Carr said:
it's mind control isn't it

it's gonna be mind control

/sigh
No, that would be too straightforward for a JRPG plot.

Emotions control on the other hand...

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
CaitSeith said:
Death Carr said:

/sigh

My guess is zombies. Zombies ala (fuc)Konamis Metal Gear.They want to be inside you.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
K.ur said:
CaitSeith said:
Death Carr said:

/sigh

My guess is zombies. Zombies ala (fuc)Konamis Metal Gear.They want to be inside you.
That is pretty close to FF13: fulfill your mission, or become a mindless monster for the rest of your life.

Jeivar

Jan 26, 2015
Okay, here's my personal theory: The crystal wanted avalanche to fail, and so deliberately sent them people it considered incompetent. Like, say, a healer who isn't actually a healer.

youngstormlord

Sep 24, 2013
My theory: The crystals need humans to ingest them so they can breed. They are indeed crystals of light with plenty of magical powers... but they feed on life force and are really not needed for the world to live. They are more like parasites, actually.

Why would crystal send someone to prevent the plot? It didn't. They sent special people to be captured and turned, forcefully fed crystals. The most powerful mages and the strongest people crystals could find... so they would make fertile grounds for crystals to breed and control and... you guessed it, take over the world (again).

Lagslayer

Apr 18, 2011
Wait a sec... SHARD COLA IS MADE OF PEOPLE!!!

1. Ingest shards
2. Shards consume your body and grow
3. Harvest
4. PROFIT!!!

Just look at gunny!

So, uh... basically what youngstormlord said.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
CaitSeith said:
Death Carr said:

/sigh

The crystals are sacrificing pieces of themselves to be consumed by the people as a way to pacify god so the soulstream is maintained?

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
The crystal made Fluttershy cry. The crystal must die.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
-Dragmire- said:
CaitSeith said:
Death Carr said:

/sigh

The crystals are sacrificing pieces of themselves to be consumed by the people as a way to pacify god so the soulstream is maintained?
More likely to breed and take over the world by taking over the people, literally.
It's either that simple or a plan so full of plotholes it doesn't make sense even if you don't think about it.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
If Miss Lightish Red were Witch Hunter Robin or Katia Managan I'd expect the fires to continue any moment.
But now I want to make false predictions that would turn this whole thing into RvB.

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
Bindal said:
-Dragmire- said:
CaitSeith said:
Death Carr said:

/sigh

More likely to breed and take over the world by taking over the people, literally.
It's either that simple or a plan so full of plotholes it doesn't make sense even if you don't think about it.
As CaitSeith said, it's a JRPG like game so, (In Liam Neeson's voice) RELEASE THE PLOTHOLES! (c'mon Grey, at least Terminator Genisys level of nonsense.. Erin can take it without entering coma..I hope)

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
CaitSeith said:
Death Carr said:

/sigh

OK, I'll bite, which game is that pile of random nonsense from?