#160: This

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Guess I wasn't too off with my "take over the bodies" idea. Making them Zombie-like is probably the next best thing.

Now, who wants to bet that Erin uses Rads body as weapon again in some way to solve that issue?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
So who won the "guess the crytal's evil intentions" lottery from the last comic? I know I saw someone say "It's gotta be for mind control." :3

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
So why did the Shards bother creating a rebellion? That just means spending lots of money of guards, slowing business growth, making distribution harder and risking a bad reputation.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
warmachine said:
So why did the Shards bother creating a rebellion? That just means spending lots of money of guards, slowing business growth, making distribution harder and risking a bad reputation.
Killing off the people that would want to stop them through a rebellion they give awful advice to and whose healer, for example, is a fire mage?

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
The sad thing is that my sister is a pediatrician and saw more than one kid whose parents said their kid "doesn't like water" so only drinks powdered juice or sodas everyday of they lives..

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Hm, I seem to recall Erin previously drinking a lot of that stuff. That can't be good.
So next issue is going to see Rad versus Crystal Monster Gunny, Zombified Erin, and not-Sephiroth?. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Jeivar

Jan 26, 2015
Bindal said:
Now, who wants to bet that Erin uses Rads body as weapon again in some way to solve that issue?
Erin already had two cans of the stuff...

I like the anachronism stew of the second panel: An Aladdin-style oil lamp, on top of a refrigerator.

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
warmachine said:
its a jrpg its not supposed to make any sense

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
enginieri said:
The sad thing is that my sister is a pediatrician and saw more than one kid whose parents said their kid "doesn't like water" so only drinks powdered juice or sodas everyday of they lives..
.....thank you, sir, for dropping my faith in humanity down another peg or two. xP

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
RJ 17 said:
So who won the "guess the crytal's evil intentions" lottery from the last comic? I know I saw someone say "It's gotta be for mind control." :3
Holy Moley! You're right! Death Carr predicted this! How could he have possibly known?

I think the FDA really need to step up their game here.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Now we know why Shard corporation created New Shard to win the cola war--to start a literal Cola War with shard zombies. Bring back Classic Shard, I say!

So, this will leave Althea, Rad and maybe the CEO as the only protagonists left to stop the Cola War. Unless... Erin is immune to the effects somehow thanks to her being dead for a bit. So then, they just have to poison everyone and then heal them. Easy peasy mac and cheesy. Maybe its not as simple as this. But, I am smelling Erin's death as a climactic plot device of some kind.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Clankenbeard said:
Now we know why Shard corporation created New Shard to win the cola war--to start a literal Cola War with shard zombies. Bring back Classic Shard, I say!

So, this will leave Althea, Rad and maybe the CEO as the only protagonists left to stop the Cola War. Unless... Erin is immune to the effects somehow thanks to her being dead for a bit. So then, they just have to poison everyone and then heal them. Easy peasy mac and cheesy. Maybe its not as simple as this. But, I am smelling Erin's death as a climactic plot device of some kind.
Or she just has plot-immunity.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
enginieri said:
That sounds almost as stupid as not getting their kids vaccinated because of autism.
sagitel said:
warmachine said:
its a jrpg its not supposed to make any sense
Say, what happened to those other captured members of Landslide, the ineffectual rebels/terrorists?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Wow, you really see the whole spectrum of emotional responses to this in those people!
I guess the happy ones are those that were depressed or otherwise unsatisfied with their daily lives?