New Halo 3 Maps Coming In April

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
New Halo 3 Maps Coming In April

Two of the 360's most popular online games will get a shot of life in the first week of April when Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 both get brand new map packs.

If you're still playing Halo 3, you either really love the game or have nothing else to play. In either case, it wouldn't be much of a stretch of the imagination to presume that you've already picked up the limited edition of Halo Wars to get the packed-in early access to the new Halo 3 maps that make up the "Mythic Map Pack." If you didn't have the dedication to Halo 3 to drive you to buy another game just to get new maps, well, April's your month, as Bungie will be releasing the new maps on the 9th.

The pack comes with three maps: Sandbox, Assembly and Orbital. Sandbox is basically what it sounds like: a huge, open-ended map designed for massive vehicles and maximum customizability via Halo 3's make-your-own-fun Forge Mode. "Sandbox is a map unlike any Bungie has ever created," the studio boasts. Assembly, meanwhile, is a medium-sized map built for Slayer and Capture the Flag. Orbital, on the other hand, is an asymmetrical, small-sized arena good for Slayer but more suited for other one-sided mode.

As for that other 360-only shooter franchise with the evil aliens and badass space marines, it'll be getting some love too on March 31 with the Snowblind Map Pack offering three new maps. Gears 2 will also receive a major patch a week earlier that will implement a new experience system for multiplayer ranking.

Both the Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 map packs will cost 800 Microsoft Points.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
The Halo maps are worth it. I got them with the Halo Wars LE and it's probably the best map pack Bungie's released.

The Gears 2 maps? Nah.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
oliveira8 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Who really thinks 10$ US is a good price for 3 maps?
No one.

Then again I'm spoiled by Valve giving me free content.
You lucky cockney bas- (Think Sanity, don't get in another off-topic war with this guy).
But last time you learned so much! Think of the things you could learn today!

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
oliveira8 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
oliveira8 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
No one.

You lucky cockney bas- (Think Sanity, don't get in another off-topic war with this guy).
*Cries and goes in fetal position*
Being in fetal position for too long can give you some nasty back injuries!

KamachoMcSagget

Mar 22, 2009
Here's my little Halo "Map" dilema:

They have upgraded it to make basically everything but team slayer on legendary maps. I am screwed and uncared for by Bungie because I dont have them. I have enough microsoft points to pay for them, but I cant download premium content because of my set birthdate as 1/1/1900. I cant create a parent account for this, because it considers me old enough to be an adult (naturally), but young at heart, or something to block me from nonfree stuff from the market place (I can still use promotion codes, though). So the more Halo expands its online the more I get left in the dust D: But still, its good for everyone else about the new maps.

BTW since I said so much about it, can anyone help me with changing my birthdate on XBOX LIVE?

RebornKusabi

Mar 11, 2009
Epic does give out free DLC... just for their older franchise (Unreal Tournament 3). Too bad Microsoft doesn't like to give things away for free. Hence why the Gears 2 maps cost money and the 360 port of Unreal Tournament 3 will not be getting the massive DLC that they gave for both the PS3 and the PC version.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
oliveira8 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
oliveira8 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
oliveira8 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
No one.

*Grab gun and goes on rampage*
You going to show up tomorow in the news with the headline "Young teenager shoots people in a wild rampage cause of [insert violent game/shooter here]."

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Keane Ng said:
If you're still playing Halo 3, you either really love the game or have nothing else to play.
That line bothers me, seems like subconscious Halo-bashing. After all the game isn't even two years old and is widely regarded one of the best multiplayer shooters ever made (on consoles at least). I guess I'll just write it off as a poor joke (no offense Keane) and move on with my life.

Anyway, I really like these maps. Sandbox's default layout is one of the game's best maps (second only to Valhalla in my opinion) and there's already a few variants in matchmaking. Orbital is great for one-bomb and one-flag, and I'm sure the hardcore crowd is drooling over Assembly (I've never been much of a hardcore guy, but I know I'll like it after I have the map memorized).

I'd buy them as soon as they come out but being a bum of a college student I genuinely lack the funds. Luckily I'll be able to mooch off my Halo Wars LCE owning brother readily enough until I get ODST.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Woo! Mythic Maps! At last! I couldn't find a copy of Halo Wars LCE, and I've been waiting SO long for Sandbox!! Orbital and Assembly are awesome, too, but MAN! So excited!

*reads preceding posts*

Uh...I mean...Who would waste their money on this?

>_>

<_<

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
oliveira8 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
oliveira8 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
oliveira8 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
oliveira8 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
No one.

*Grab gun and goes on rampage*
You going to show up tomorow in the news with the headline "Young teenager shoots people in a wild rampage cause of [insert violent game/shooter here]."
*Kills oliveira first*
But you have to find me first oh oh!

Will NoMoreSanity find Oliveira8 to kill him and put an end to his off topicness!?

Or will NoMoreSanity commit suicide and leave Oliveira8 to off topic alone?

Or will Oliveira8 Pm useless stuff to NoMoreSanity so NoMoreSanity will commit suicide?

Find out next time on UNFORGOTTEN REEEEEAAAALLLMSSS!!

(this is getting stupid...)

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
KamachoMcSagget said:
Here's my little Halo "Map" dilema:

They have upgraded it to make basically everything but team slayer on legendary maps. I am screwed and uncared for by Bungie because I dont have them. I have enough microsoft points to pay for them, but I cant download premium content because of my set birthdate as 1/1/1900. I cant create a parent account for this, because it considers me old enough to be an adult (naturally), but young at heart, or something to block me from nonfree stuff from the market place (I can still use promotion codes, though). So the more Halo expands its online the more I get left in the dust D: But still, its good for everyone else about the new maps.

BTW since I said so much about it, can anyone help me with changing my birthdate on XBOX LIVE?
Have you tried the xbox website? Thats where you change your credit card details. How the hell did you set your DoB to 1900?

dcheppy

Dec 8, 2008
3 dollars and change for a map? That pricing is almost as bad the pricing for new cars on burnout paradise. Theirs is a little more acceptable because they gave you a year of free stuff before asking you to pony up. Bungie and Epic have been OK supporting their communities but this is not a good price.