Prototype Suffers Installation Bugs

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Prototype Suffers Installation Bugs

Newly released action game Prototype has some problems with being installed on the PS3, though Activision has provided a number of solutions in lieu of a patch.

Guess certain [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91839] PC games aren't the only titles nowadays with problems being installed onto innocent hard drives. Prototype, Activision's new sandbox action game and chief rival of PS3 exclusive inFamous, has a few kinks to work out when it comes to its PS3 installation.

Some PS3 owners are reporting that an error occurs during installation saying that their systems have insufficient hard drive space, regardless of whether or not they do. Though Activision is preparing a patch for release on PSN in the near future, they have provided a few workarounds [http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=23790] in the meantime. Since the issue is hard drive space, well, you're going to have to simply create 700 MB of space in your memory.

Activision recommends that you do this by installing or uninstalling other games, downloading demos, removing DLC and whatever else works. Once you do that, you stick your Prototype disc into the PS3 and it should install. You might have to try a combination of any of the solutions in order to get it to work, which could prove pretty annoying.

"We take this issue very seriously and are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible," Activision wrote. "We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

And yeah, I'm not sure what's going in that screenshot either, but I do know that half of it is covered in explosion, and that's good enough for me.

[Via EvilAvatar [http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1758946#post1758946]]

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Can't wait for 'Splosion Man it's gonna be awe..wait Prototype? Yawn..

Your photo had me fooled for a second.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
back in the good ol' days this is exactly why we had consoles! just plug in the cartridge, load the game from your Megaman punch-card password and off you went killing robots and aliens![/oldtimer]

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:
back in the good ol' days this is exactly why we had consoles! just plug in the cartridge, load the game from your Megaman punch-card password and off you went killing robots and aliens![/oldtimer]
Theeey took rrrrr consoles!
Indigo_Dingo said:
Isn't it Explodemon?
Works too.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I never saw what the big deal about Prototpye was. It seems like there are about 10 other games, some last-gen, that do just what this game sets out to do, but does every part of it better.

Its not even generically fun....

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
Brotherofwill said:
Can't wait for 'Splosion Man it's gonna be awe..wait Prototype? Yawn..

Your photo had me fooled for a second.
Yeah I thought it was another Michael Bay movie when I say the screen shot.

jymbobjones

Oct 29, 2008
Flap Jack452 said:
No problems on the 360, sucks for you PS3'rs.
well adleast we dont have the 8 year old yanks screaming over our mics ill take buggy games over that any day

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
the old "fiddle with it until it works" solution

that usually compounds probolems like causing a blue screen of death to become the black screen of nuclear destruction.....you know the screen you get right before your computer explodes with the force of a 110 megaton bomb.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
How the fuck did this get passed testing? did they bother trying it in a console? christ

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Yeah, because I definitely think playing this buggy game right now is worth uninstalling or reinstalling my existing games, and likely losing game saves or messing up the system more.

Or I could just not buy it.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Flap Jack452 said:
Havent had an issue yet. By the way, hows that Red Ring cure coming along? :p
(Just playing, I don't want to start a flame war)

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Havent had an issue yet. By the way, hows that Red Ring cure coming along? :p
(Just playing, I don't want to start a flame war)
LOL. My brother and I are sometimes like this. In RE5, he repeatedly got eaten by crocodiles, but when I made fun of him, he released the switch on the bridge and let me fall to my death.

*2 days later*

Him:"Well you're wrong anyway..."
Me: "Oh really?...so uhh...how are those crocodiles man? They think you're tasty?"
Him: "AUGhhhghghghghhh......O-oh, sorry dude. Too busy falling. Do your legs hurt, can you even FEEL ANYMORE?!"
Me: o_o
Him: o_o

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Broken Wings said:
jymbobjones said:
Flap Jack452 said:
well adleast we dont have the 8 year old yanks screaming over our mics ill take buggy games over that any day
C'mon man don't even try to lie about not having squeakers, I don't want to start an argument but wherever there are mics there are squeakers.
Enough, no more console bickering.

By the way, PC. That is all.