Battlefield 1943 Players Amass 43 Million Kills on 360

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Battlefield 1943 Players Amass 43 Million Kills on 360

Battlefield 1943 players on Xbox 360 have already reached the 43 million kill count in a matter of days, unlocking a new map and mode for the game. PS3 players, meanwhile, are lagging a bit behind.

I didn't think you guys had it in you, but apparently you are bloodthirsty group of indomitable mother f'ers. In less than a week, Battlefield 1943 players on the Xbox 360 racked up 43 million kills. That's around what conservative estimates peg as the number killed in World War II. It's also the number gamers would have to reach [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/92058-Battlefield-1943-Puts-Players-to-Work-for-Fourth-Map] in order to unlock the Coral Sea map and Air Superiority mode for the game.

And so you did it. There were officially begin [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93105-First-Day-of-Battlefield-1943-Claims-Five-Million-Lives] until four days ago. If DICE started counting on the 10th, that means players killed 43 million people in less than four days. That's a goddamn massacre.

The lucky chap [http://www.battlefield1943.com/blog/battlefield-1943s-43000000th-killer] who scored the 43 millionth kill was an Xbox Liver by the name of James aka jkasapi from Peterborough, England. For his honorable service, James is the recipient of a 1943 t-shirt, custom Battlefield sneakers, and a pair of 1943 sunglasses. I presume these are clothes for his Avatar, but I could be wrong.

Meanwhile, the PS3 Battlefield community is lagging behind with a comparatively paltry 23 million kills. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though, PS3 owners. It means that some of you still have hearts, that you won't kill in droves in order to unlock a new dogfighting mode. It means, deep down, somewhere inside, you're still human.

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
The new game mode is pretty sweet..........when you can actually get into a god-damn plane...

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
O_O?! 43 MILLION KILLS IN 4 DAYS?!

That's a scary amount, but if it's for a new arena...

Keane Ng said:
The lucky chap [http://www.battlefield1943.com/blog/battlefield-1943s-43000000th-killer] who scored the 43 millionth kill was an Xbox Liver by the name of James aka jkasapi from Peterborough, England. For his honorable service, James is the recipient of a 1943 t-shirt, custom Battlefield sneakers, and a pair of 1943 sunglasses. I presume these are clothes for his Avatar, but I could be wrong.
I'd assume the opposite. Getting the 43 millionth kill on a game, thus unlocking a new area, that would be something pretty special to him, and a bit of a rip off if they were merely for his avatar.

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Oh, dear god, they're dying like flies in a fly massacring device! Stop this inhumanity and let the poor men go!

Ahem. Really, it's just a bit surprising.

BloodyOne

Mar 23, 2009
We PS3 owners don't shoot everything that moves.

Unless it looks at us funny... *looks across room at Terminator poster*

Maybe one more week...

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Is this the same game that has been on PC for ages? It looks so much better, did they re-make it?

MikeOfThunder

Jul 11, 2009
Awesome game. Played it back when it was 'Battlefield 1942' and then when they brought out Desert Combat and DC Final... was brilliant to see that they brought it back to the old way of playing again. Battlefield 2 i thought was dire and just so happy to be back on the new(oldschool-battlefield) battlefield 1943!

Advise all and everyone to get it! I am suprised its actually been THAT popular but it is an amazing game i suppose...

MikeOfThunder

Jul 11, 2009
No the one that was out on the PC for AGES was 'Battleifield 1942'... this one is pretty much a re-make...

YurdleTheTurtle

Mar 23, 2009
Danny Ocean said:
Is this the same game that has been on PC for ages? It looks so much better, did they re-make it?
Yikes, you're a bit behind the news aren't you?

This is a new game called Battlefield 1943 that uses the Frostbite engine featured in Battlefield Bad Company. It is a downloadable game on Xbox Live, PSN, and I think PC too.

Basically it's a condensed version of a regular BF game (less players, less classes, regenerating health, some other stuff) but with the Frostbite engine giving nice visuals and physics. It's been getting good reviews, mainly because it's a fairly big game for a downloadable title.

....But yeah, it's kind of a remake of Battlefield 1942.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
YurdleTheTurtle said:
Danny Ocean said:
Yikes, you're a bit behind the news aren't you?

This is a new game called Battlefield 1943 that uses the Frostbite engine featured in Battlefield Bad Company. It is a downloadable game on Xbox Live, PSN, and I think PC too.

Basically it's a condensed version of a regular BF game (less players, less classes, regenerating health, some other stuff) but with the Frostbite engine giving nice visuals and physics. It's been getting good reviews, mainly because it's a fairly big game for a downloadable title.

....But yeah, it's kind of a remake of Battlefield 1942.
Oh I see. That's why I was confused. I was thinking of 1942. Right. Thanks for the info.

Mindblow

Jul 3, 2009
Holy bugger, how many kills that quickly? Wow that kinda makes me ashamed to be a PS3 owner.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
The PS3'ers can keep their humanity, we get a new level!

Although i actually haven't gotten around to buying this just yet, it's a nice thought that i'll be able to walk right into this new mode :D