Dragon Age: Origins and Choice 2.0

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Dragon Age: Origins and Choice 2.0

Dragon Age: Origins may be the first game to not only make its moral decisions hard, but to make them count.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Sounds awesome. I hadn't really been too interested in Dragon Age: Origins as I heard mention it looked a bit meh~ but if they have that kind of decision consistently I may need to reassess.

Sigh. So many good games coming up, so little time...

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
This is my one word reaction: SOLD.

Holy crap, that's a good scenario. I think I'd go Chaotic Good on my partners, killing them, taking the urn and using it to cast hope on the people (while using a bit of the ashes to heal the king). Perhaps the game even lets you lie and say your partners were killed during a battle.

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
If they are actually going to try to put full thought into actions, and making it such a big deal as they are, it might be worth a try. I've just kinda put it aside, but now I'm rethinking that if they actually do pull through with it.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
That sounds like it'll work out great. And keep things in the grey area is what'll stand it out better, than say Fallout 3 or Mass Effect. Give the choice, but make it not cut and dry.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Meh.

Seriously, so many other games have described story elements like that, some even done it better. Yet when it comes to the crunch, it's not all they crack it up to be.

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
Wow, this sounds really interesting, this senerio alone made my head spin. Hell I love RPG's, but I have no clue how I would handle this situation.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
I have been ignoring Dragon Age for a while now, but i must say, this little tidbit did perk my ears... I mean, the people who write for the Escapist have always had a view that is alot more sobering, and so much less about hype in the past, that when one of them comes out and openly praises a game element in this manner, it is smart to pay attention.

Still, there a a handful of good games coming out that are already stretching the boundaries of my wallet, and i dont know if i am going to get to all of them.... Maybe i can just buy each separately, filling out that gamestop survey each time, praying to win one of those $500 gift cards...

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
So glad I pre-ordered this sucker last weekend. Since I'm getting the ps3 version, I'll have an extra two weeks or so to play the hell out of Borderlands.

Knowing that there is moral choices in this game, I declare Yahtzee MUST review this, simply so we know how he feels about this moral choice system.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
I better be able to take magical urn of immortality instead of leave/destroy. I'd like not dying very much.