Tron Legacy Game Pretty Much Confirmed

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Tron Legacy Game Pretty Much Confirmed

The writer and producer of Tron Legacy has confirmed that there will be a tie-in game.

Back in 1982, Stephen Lisberger's Tron was a little ahead of its time and fell very much into the niche of 'cult classic'. Its sequel, Tron Legacy, which got a lot of people excited with its trailer/concept footage [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93432-Tron-Teaser-Hits-Comic-Con], should fare a little better now that computer effects are a little more common.

A tie-in game is probably not going to hurt either and Lisberger, who is serving as producer and writer for the sequel, has all but confirmed that a Tron Legacy game is in the works. After speaking to Lisberger at Disney's D23 Expo, Latino Review [http://www.latinoreview.com/news/confirmed-there-will-be-a-tron-legacy-video-game-7980] reported:

"Steven did confirm that yes, there IS a video game in the works by Disney Interactive. He said he wasn't sure if he should mention it or not, but he's confirming it anyway."

So that means that there will be a game based on the sequel to a movie that was kind of about games, which is probably philosophical in some way. What's interesting is trying to figure out what kind of game it's actually going to be. Tron Legacy has an aesthetic unlike any other movie that I can think of, and it seems to deserve more than a quick cash-in third person action-adventure game.

One thing's for sure though, we're going to get to ride those awesome looking lightcycles.

Source: 1up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176009]

Aiden Rebirth

Nov 19, 2008
I dare them to make a good game. I'll bet them sixty dollars they make a bad game. Come on disney bring it, BRING IT!!!

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
There's so many ways this can go, it can become like Harry Potter...or it could become like *insert great game based off a movie* Sorry, nothing comes to the front of my mind.

I have very high hopes though.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Disney is making the game? Great, because we all know they make games not designed for little kids...

Feb 13, 2008
T.R.O.N. was one of the first and almost singular game/movie tie-in where both were great in their own way. (Possible exception of the Star Wars vector sit in cabinet)

Do not let me down on this or the MCP will have you defragged. Or worse, sent to Norton.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
T.R.O.N. was one of the first and almost singular game/movie tie-in where both were great in their own way. (Possible exception of the Star Wars vector sit in cabinet)

Do not let me down on this or the MCP will have you defragged. Or worse, sent to Norton.
I have this horrible (or possibly cool) image of Dokken in a Tron setting working for the MCP now. Thanks.

Seeing as how the Tron PC and Xbox game came off pretty well I have decent hopes for this game though

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
Look if its anything like the original tron game I will be hooked. Even though I was bad at it.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
Honestly, is this really surprising news? It would've been more shocking if it was confirmed that there wasn't a game tie-in coming.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
oh god a tron game, this is going to be so aweso-

nilcypher said:
"Steven did confirm that yes, there IS a video game in the works by Disney Interactive. He said he wasn't sure if he should mention it or not, but he's confirming it anyway."
nevermind...damn

Darenus

Apr 10, 2008
WEll, let'S all hope that with the originator's support the movie will be faithful and inventive and the game offer a good slice of nostalgia back to the X-box (if you like), arcade and C64 games with hopefully well balanced gameplay to story ratio or just mindless bits-blasting fun.

Chances of success: well as I heard neither good or bad about it so far, I have fair chances for it to either hit or miss by 50/50

Woem

May 28, 2009
Daft Punk should really supply the background music for this game, or for the actual movie remake for that matter.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Yeah light cycles, no movie tie in game. The odds of this being good are very very slim.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
Yay, another Tron.
My Father will be happy. I'll tell him now.
*Goes to the window and shouts*
He's told.
I don't know about you, but I happened to like Tron. The first one may have been made in my father's time, but I liked watching it.
[small]Nice avatar change.[/small]