Tron Legacy Game Pretty Much Confirmed

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
paypuh said:
Disney is making the game? Great, because we all know they make games not designed for little kids...
Buena Vista Interactive - now back to Disney Interactive Studios - published Square-Enix with Kingdom Hearts II. They themselves don't make games, they publish them - usually via their own studios or licensees (like squeenix).

DIS covers Black Rock Studio. They made PURE [http://www2.disney.co.uk/disneyinteractivestudios/blackrockstudio/games/pure/] and are busy working on Split/Second. So they're not making TRON.

Propoganda games is currently busy on... this [http://propagandagames.go.com/games/]. So they're busy too.

That leaves either Junction Point [http://avalanchesoftware.go.com/games.html][/B]. Given JP's lack of prior titles and an "unannounced game", it looks like they're the ones doing it... unless it's a third party.

LockHeart

Apr 9, 2009
That video has now given me an urge to watch the film again...

It's a shame though, I think the only real way that we're going to get a game that's as good as that video looks is if someone actually invents Tron in real life.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Mmmm... Tron. Now then, get a GOOD studio to work on that shit! And don't tie them down with a release date on the exact same day as the movie! That is the main cause of shitty movie tie-ins.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Magnatek said:
Greyfox105 said:
Yay, another Tron.
My Father will be happy. I'll tell him now.
*Goes to the window and shouts*
He's told.
I don't know about you, but I happened to like Tron. The first one may have been made in my father's time, but I liked watching it.
[small]Nice avatar change.[/small]
Yes, I did enjoy Tron. it was a fine film. I had the book, but never read it. it's supposed to be exactly the same as the film.
[sub]And Thanks. It will serve me and the B-Team well.[/sub]

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
Magnatek said:
Greyfox105 said:
Yay, another Tron.
He's told.
I don't know about you, but I happened to like Tron. The first one may have been made in my father's time, but I liked watching it.
Yes, I did enjoy Tron. it was a fine film. I had the book, but never read it. it's supposed to be exactly the same as the film.
A book that is the same as it's film? Impossible!
[sub]B-Team?[/sub]

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Magnatek said:
Greyfox105 said:
Magnatek said:
Greyfox105 said:
Yay, another Tron.
He's told.
A book that is the same as it's film? Impossible!
[sub]B-Team?[/sub]
Yes, I was told it was exactly the same as the film! Imagine that!
[sub]Yes, JimmyBassati coined the name. it's the B(British)-Team. I think it's all British Politicals.[/sub]

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
When I first read the title I thought it said "Tom Clancy Game Pretty Much Confirmed" which I thought was a given at all times ^_^

But anyways I guess this was cool. My pops made me watch the movie when I was a kid. It was okay but didn't really stand out for me. But my parents were already divorced so when I went to my moms the next day she was all like" He made you watch that motherfucking Tron movie didn't he?!" hahahaha

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
T.R.O.N. was one of the first and almost singular game/movie tie-in where both were great in their own way. (Possible exception of the Star Wars vector sit in cabinet)

Do not let me down on this or the MCP will have you defragged. Or worse, sent to Norton.
You're a sick man, TimeLord. A sick man.

I'm remaining sceptical. There are only a handful of movie tie-ins that were good, the most celebrated one came out 2 years after the film (I shouldn't have to say the name), so I don't know. I'll wait and see.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
I'm cautiously optimistic, most TRON games have turned out pretty well (TRON 2.0 especially), so here's hoping they can continue the streak.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
The ironic part is that TRON Legacy is, from what I've heard, a sequel to TRON 2.0, the 2002 game which is both one of the best movie-based games ever and one of the most underrated FPS of all time. From what I hear, Mercury (the hot chick program from TRON 2.0) is in Legacy which would seal that deal. Which means this is a game based on a movie sequel to a game sequel to a movie about games (sort of). I hope they don't fuck it up by just making another "play through the movie again in crappy game form"- what made TRON 2.0 so brilliant was that it was its own story rather than a retellign of TRON, a proper sequel to a movie in game form. And light cycles. TRON 2.0 had real light cycles in it (not like Legacy which is bastardising the idea by letting the bikes turn freely rather than only on 90 degree angles).

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Tron 2.0 was good though that music man, god the music made me want to kill myself.

The movie following after 2.0 makes sense, as 2.0 was pretty much left up in the air.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Jolly good news, I am a huge Tron fan and love the potential for mindfuckery that exists in the concept if there's talent. Also, Tron 2.0 is probably the only FPS that I finished more than twice.