New Master Chief Bust Will Bust Your Wallet

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Master Chief Bust Will Bust Your Wallet

Got a serious Halo [http://www.halo.com] jones and a couple hundred bucks you want to get rid of? One2One Collectibles is releasing a limited edition bust of the Master Chief that might be right up your alley.

There are Halo fans and there are Halo fans, and then there are people who look at this Bungie [https://www.one2onecollectibles.com/content/view/70/43/] nut? This thing screams quality and there are certainly worse ways to impress your friends with just how deep your obsession runs.

The 1:2 scale bust is cast in high-quality polystone [http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_polystone], stands 12 inches high and 12 inches wide, and weighs over 13 pounds. Each piece is fully hand-painted and features a solid gold plate visor and stand insert, and comes packaged in a full-color box with a unique certificate of authenticity. Only 650 are being made.

Did I mention it costs 225 bucks? This is definitely something that's only for the hardest of the hardcore. And to separate the men from the boys in that crowd, One2One has more to come: Following the release of the Master Chief later this year, the company plans to create similar busts of a Spartan soldier, a Brute Chieftain and an ODST Marine.

Now if only they'd make one of Jonoleth Irenicus or Karras' Golden Child, I might be able to blow some money on this stuff too.

via: Gameswire [http://www.gameswire.net/news/ridiculously-expensive-master-chief-bust-announced_332.html]

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Jesus... Unless it has gameplay of every new Halo game coming out ever I see no practical reason to get this.

EDIT:
SharPhoe said:
I'm not the only who thinks that the Chief looks a little on the... um... busty side, am I?

Honestly, I swear I'm seeing breasts on that thing.
Christ, what are you stupid? I see noth-
Wait....
Oh.
Oh, good lord.

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Jesus... Unless it has game[play of every new Halo game coming out ever I see no practical reason to get this.
Every bust, painting, sculpture, or statue in history has no practical use.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
It looks impressive, but I would never pay for it. Mainly because I would have no use or it and despite playing computer games and going on these forums, I don't consider myself a nerd.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
I wonder if this was mass produced in the same Chinese sweat shop as the MW2 NVG?

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
..................................... please a halo anime was ENOUGH torture FOR SEVERAL LIFETIMES don't push your luck bungie

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
I'm not the only who thinks that the Chief looks a little on the... um... busty side, am I?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
wolfy098 said:
..................................... please a halo anime was ENOUGH torture FOR SEVERAL LIFETIMES don't push your luck bungie
but Bungie luuuuuvsss Your Wallet you!

*whistles innocently* I didn't misquote. ofcourse not.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
SharPhoe said:

The armor has always had that bulge: you're only seeing it as breasts because the rest of the torso isn't there. In reality, it's just the top of the Chief's extremely chiseled chest.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
scotth266 said:
SharPhoe said:

The armor has always had that bulge: you're only seeing it as breasts because the rest of the torso isn't there. In reality, it's just the top of the Chief's extremely chiseled chest.
*Looks again*
...OH. Right. I got it now.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
Yet, people are still saying Halo isn't a sellout. Silly ignoramuses.

I give Bungie five more years before they end up like the Sonic Team.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
ljd184 said:
in 1000 years there going to dig this up and think it was are god
Hehe, you have an excellent point - one of the hazards or archaeology: reading too much into things =P

OT: I can't think of any reason to buy something like this, unless you were starting some sort of pop-culture museum...but then I'm not a Halo fan, so perhaps I don't fully appreciate the appeal? =P

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
TaborMallory said:
Yet, people are still saying Halo isn't a sellout. Silly ignoramuses.

I give Bungie five more years before they end up like the Sonic Team.
there not as big as sellouts as Blizzard, you have to admit that...although what each company has made to make money besides games are almost identical

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Jesus... Unless it has gameplay of every new Halo game coming out ever I see no practical reason to get this.

EDIT:
SharPhoe said:

Christ, what are you stupid? I see noth-
Wait....
Oh.
Oh, good lord.
Great. That image is now burned in my skull. Thanks a lot.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Malygris said:
Now if only they'd make one of Jonoleth Irenicus
Now THAT would get me excited! My wife would think I'm crazy for not only spending the money on it, but when I sit there and start quoting!

"Ahh! The Child of Bhaal has awoken! It is time for more...experiments."
"You will suffer! You will ALL suffer!"
"I won't let you leave! Not when I'm so close to unlocking your power!"

Wife - Honey, what the heck are you doing?
(Turns to wife) "Silly girl, you just don't know what I'm doing, do you?"

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
i thought that was quite a cheap price, expected higher...

doesnt mean im gonna get it...i love money and halo wasnt goo enough to bother with somethin like that