Street Fighter IV Sequel In The Works?

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Street Fighter IV Sequel In The Works?

Posts on the Japanese Street Fighter blog suggest that a follow up to Street Fighter IV may be in the works.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix. You may wonder what that game has to do with anything, but I invoke its lengthy title to remind one and all that when you're talking about Street Fighter, sequel has many shades of meaning.

With that out of the way, posts on the official Japanese Street Fighter blog suggest that SFIV might be getting an update of some sort. For the second week running, writer Natsuki Shiozawa has made vague statements about a 'sequel' to Street Fighter IV, promising that a more concrete announcement would be made in the near future.

It's unlikely that this means we should be getting ready for Street Fighter V just yet, but if Capcom does what it normally does with the series, the update will be a tweaked version of SFIV with some extra playable characters. We already know that there are already two characters waiting in the wings [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.88697] and there's plenty of others in the Street Fighter canon that fans would love to see.

It's all just rumor of course, but it seems odd that it would get mentioned two weeks in a row if there was nothing to it. If this does turn out to be genuine, the big question will be how this update will be released. Previous Street Fighter updates have had full retail releases, but considering that downloadable content is no commonplace, asking gamers to buy the whole game again might be a hard sell.

Source: IGN [http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1026154p1.html]

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Waaaay too early to start thinking about the sequel. Let's wait until Super Street Fighter IV: Turbo Hyper edition to come out, and we can talk about a sequel. :p

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
So bascially we might be screwed again and we will have to pay an extra of whatever if we desire this update.
God, I hate this. We already paid for the freaking game. If they wanted to add something, they should have done it before the release! If we have to pay for the extra, I rather stay with my original one.

Chaossebba

Aug 11, 2008
So what'll it be called, I myself am betting on Street Fighter 4: Hyper Turbo Ultimate Edition

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Capcom needs to focus more on fixing their other IP or making a new one, and not crank out another of the same game, like they always do.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Who needs new characters?
Sagat tears everyone in half.
But if it comes out it will be called "Hyper Street Fighter IV: Mega Turbo Giga Super edition"

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
This has been floating around for a while. Apparently it will be called "Street Fighter IV Dash" as the rough translation from Japanese, or "Street fighter IV Championship Edition" in English.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
And wouldn't you believe it? I just bought Street Fighter IV yesterday, and I'm incapable of receiving Xbox Live without paying an uncomfortable amount of money. Super.

Oh well. I can't say I'm surprised about this one.

By the way, does anyone know of a really good controller for the 360 version that isn't a fighting stick, the Mad Catz Fightpad, or the unfortunately rare Hori EX Turbo controller?

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
this could be interesting, tho i hope it's just a downloadable addon, tho i'm sure people will still buy it no matter what

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
ForgottenPr0digy said:
is a sequel but yet its not called "Street fighter V" typical capcom of numbering their games(look at resident evil)
Considering the story, it should have been Street Fighter 2.5 because it takes place between 2 and 3 I believe.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Super Street Fighter IV, coming up!

Only another seven games left before they start making Street Fighter V.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Street Fighter IV Turbo II Champion Super Deluxe Arcade Commemorative Gold-Diapers edition

it's gonna be kick-ass!

edit: Street Fighter IV Turbo II Champion Super Deluxe Arcade Commemorative Gold-Diapers edition ALPHA: The Reckoning (Reloaded)

jamesys9002

Sep 20, 2009
You guys should also check out the 10 new characters they posted about on eventhubs. People like Dudley from SF3 and Guy from Final Fight are said to be in this new upgrade.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/sep/17/rumor-street-fighter-iv-dash-characters/