There Will Be Sex in Assassin's Creed II

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
There Will Be Sex in Assassin's Creed II

According to Assassin's Creed II director Benoit Lambert, protagonist Ezio is a bit of a "womanizer," and will be putting the "Ass" in "Assassin."

The folks at VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/30/assassins-creed-ii-your-questions-answered-by-director-benoit-lambert/] recently had the chance to submit questions from their community to Ubisoft's Benoit Lambert, director of the upcoming Assassin's Creed II. When asked if there would be sex in the game, Lambert replied, "Ezio is a womanizer. There's a bit of sex. I can't say more."

Other interesting answers: Ezio won't be able to dismember opponents, but there will still be some "nice fatalities," like "chopping up tippy-toes and stuff." Unlike his ancestor Altair, Ezio can swim, but that will largely be relegated to hiding from pursuers - the game won't have any in-water combat other than the ability to rock people off of boats.

Similarly, though Ezio has a flying machine, there won't be any aerial combat, either. "You'll be able to use it to kick people in the face while you're flying. That's it."

Excessive repetition was one of the things in Assassin's Creed that a lot of people complained about, and we've seen that the AC2 developers have taken great pains to avoid it [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95041-Play-As-a-Baby-Assassin-in-Assassins-Creed-II] in this game. In fact, out of approximately 150 missions in AC2, Lambert can only think of one that is a repeat: "We really tried to make sure it does not repeat. I can't answer the question, 'Does is[sic] repeat?' I see one mission that's similar mid-game and end-game, but in general, we really tried to make sure it's different."

Finally, it looks like Ezio will be much more customizable by the player than Altair had been: Not only does he have 20 types of armor (I'm assuming this might also mean visual accessories, like shoulder padding or whatever), 30 different weapons, and "gadgets like smokebombs and poison and stuff," but the player will be able to dye his outfit with 14 different colors spread across the cities.

Does this mean that we'll be able to play as a bright pink assassin? Boy, I sure hope so.

Check out the full list of questions and answers at VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2009/09/30/assassins-creed-ii-your-questions-answered-by-director-benoit-lambert/].

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I just want to say that I love the lead in to this article. There is only one paragraph about 'sex' here, but that hook will probably draw in plenty of readers. You're a word-smith, Mr. Funk!

On Topic: I'm pretty excited about this game, especially the more I hear about it.
Different armour? Dye for said armour? Many weapon types? Swimming? Gadgets? Flying machines?

I'll be a Venician James Bond! Sign me up!

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Mehh, that's all I have to say really.

Though they don't sound like they're embellishing it, they're just leaving it out there, almost teasingly.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Sex was old news, no? They all hinted at it. Apparently if you get the timing right on a cutscene smexy time can happen.

Also, I'm happy about the dyes and such, and I figured out the armour bit, and how he seems to progressive through the game, most of his clothes go from white to black, and leather to plate iron!

I can't wait for this game, really, I love AC1, so I'm sure as hell gonna love ACII.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Hmm... I'm liking what they're doing with Assassin's Creed 2 here.
The first one must have been a good learning experience for them.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
FFFFFFFFFF...
I'm, liking all the new armour additions, etc, however, no doubt this'll get an 18. If my mum wants to know why and I say 'sex', I probably won't get it.
Perfect. Maybe I'll just lie, and hope she doesn't watch me play.

Otherwise, awesomecakes. Another game I cannot wait for.

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
Let me expand on my earlier post, since the mods don't like how brief it is (no, I'm not bashing the mods, I understand completely)

Oh, so what? There has been sex in a lot of other games, it's nothing new. Also, it really doesn't matter. Fans of the original are going to buy it, wether it's got sex in it or not. One last point, I hope the media don't get all up in arms about it (remember Mass Effect?) because I'm sick of the news ragging on the gaming community.

That's what I meant, so I'm sorry for the apparently pointless post.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Well it seems that every game now attempts an aside mentioning sex in hopes that it will have Mass Effect-like sales boosts. Its not a bad strategy perse but it is something which many companies are doing. Mass Effect is continuing with it, Alpha Protocol, The Witcher[footnote]Tried.[/footnote] and others which I don't remember the names of are also trying this strategy. I guess its successful enough considering most people's willingness to buy into something via sex appeal.

Now the 150 different missions? Well I can already assume that they being different is bullshit. There aren't enough gameplay elements in any sandbox game I can think of to make each mission different. I commend them on the intent, but I can't say I expect 150 unique missions. I will, however, look forward to seeing exactly what effect the different armors will actually have on your appearance.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
I'm really starting to look forward to this game. If I didn't have to spend 45 minutes of repetitive, boring preparations for a 5 minute assassination, I'd be fine with the first game (well, the water level...). But this looks really interesting so far. Hopefully I'll be able to last until it comes out.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
Hmmm...

*Bad-ass stealth master: Check
*Skilled at close-quarters combat: Check
and now...
*Supervillan plot to take over the world: Check
*Being a womanizer: Check

at the rate this game is going, Assassin's Creed 4 will just be a James Bond movie.

"The names Ir. Alta Ir."

Quick Ben

Oct 27, 2008
Sounds great!
Now I can hopefully finally be sexy pink death from above! I hope there's also some weird weapons among those 30.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
Oh, and regarding the bit about the LACK of aerial combat? Thank God. If there's one thing that turns me off a game, it's vehicle sections. Stupid vehicle sections...

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
You can't have Assassin without Ass.

I could care less about a quick glance at boobies, but I am excited about the colors! I'm going to make a green guy and name him Link.

Feb 13, 2008
Oh joy. I can hardly wait. Let me preorder my copy now.

/sarcasm

And anyway, which ass in assassin is the ass, former or latter? Is it ass_in or just in the a I'll leave it there.