Stolen Pixels #135: Everyone's Favorite Nemesis

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #135: Everyone's Favorite Nemesis

A special message from Dr.Breen inside.

Read Full Article

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Awww, poor Dr. Breen. And yeah, Episode 3 is currently on the same timescale as Duke Nuke'm Forever.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Great comic!
I would much rather have an epic battle with some of those giant space-slug advisors tan kill Dr Breen again. Those things will pay!

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
I cant really imagine a boss batle with Breen that isnt just another chase him down the corridor fight, I cant really imagine him wielding any serious weapon. Maybe if you see him in a host body like you saw him discussing at the end of Half life 2.....

Gruchul

Aug 30, 2009
johnman said:
I cant really imagine a boss batle with Breen that isnt just another chase him down the corridor fight, I cant really imagine him wielding any serious weapon. Maybe if you see him in a host body like you saw him discussing at the end of Half life 2.....
Whilst I'm aware its quite ridiculous, I'm imagining a fight not unlike that at the end of Sonic 2 after reading this post.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I think the reason people don't talk about Dr. Breen is that he was just a puppet character. He was manipulated by the 'pod people' to do their bidding. He's a fall guy, a figurehead... Now the mystery of the 'pod' folk and the G-Man is far more interesting then some power hungry politician.

LeeshaJoy

Jun 22, 2009
I always thought it was understood that Breen's consciousness was uploaded into the body of one of the Advisors. Whether that will be made explicit in Episode 3, I couldn't say.

Diablini

May 24, 2009
Actually mister Wallace Breen will not lose his stardom. In Gmod he is my favorite ginny pig, second only to Kleiner. I test all my weapons, machines, gadgets and vehicles with them. Or just spawn them, spawn some guards, get to the other side of the map, spawn an AWP and pretend I'm an assassin.

LeeshaJoy

Jun 22, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Doug said:
Awww, poor Dr. Breen. And yeah, Episode 3 is currently on the same timescale as Duke Nuke'm Forever.
I actually have a theory that episode 3 will be somehow intertwined with Portal 2, as I looked on the wiki page of Portal and it turns out that there are a lot of Half Life references in Portal.
Given that the ship they were trying to reach at the end of Episode 2 is an Aperture Science vessel, I'd say that's a pretty strong possibility.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Oooh, poor doctor.
Guess screen time != popularity after all.

Great comic also.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
It's ok Breen, we miss you... sort of.
Soldier: Hey! Be nice to Dr. Breen!
Me: Kinda hard when a gun is in my face.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
anthony87 said:
Episode 3 will be here......someday..........
im wondering, why have people been acting like they have been awaiting HL2.3 for 17 years?