Stolen Pixels #135: Everyone's Favorite Nemesis

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
What made Breen appeal to me was the voiceacting of the awesome Robert Culp. I even giggled when he quipped about naming a new particle after Freeman. The Freeman Particle! Breen, you will never be forgotten.
Off topic, but niggling at me: I have to wonder though, Barney escaped Black Mesa with three scientists, one of them claiming to have invented the teleportals...his name escapes me and I don't have Blue Shift installed atm. Why haven't we seen or heard of him? Was he a conartist using Barney to just get out? Because one would think if he was the real deal he would have something to contribute to eradicating the combine.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Good comic.

Pity the second-to-last frame says "...because my men force them to to at gunpoint."

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
toapat said:
anthony87 said:
Episode 3 will be here......someday..........
im wondering, why have people been acting like they have been awaiting HL2.3 for 17 years?
Because Episode 2 had a bastard of a cliffhanger ending and because it's Half Life, what's not to be excited about?

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Hopefully we won't have another DNF
Duke Nukem Forever or Did Not Finish, pick your poison :(

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Back into your hole Dr. Breen.

Personally, I think he played his role well in HL2, but now it's time to take on bigger fishes. To take on the grand alien invasion, Dr. Breen was simple a figure head, a puppet.

Ori Disciple

Oct 22, 2009
samsonguy920 said:
What made Breen appeal to me was the voiceacting of the awesome Robert Culp. I even giggled when he quipped about naming a new particle after Freeman. The Freeman Particle! Breen, you will never be forgotten.
Off topic, but niggling at me: I have to wonder though, Barney escaped Black Mesa with three scientists, one of them claiming to have invented the teleportals...his name escapes me and I don't have Blue Shift installed atm. Why haven't we seen or heard of him? Was he a conartist using Barney to just get out? Because one would think if he was the real deal he would have something to contribute to eradicating the combine.
You mean Rosenberg, I believe his name was... started with an R, though Im not entirely sure if it was him
Poor Breen, hes one of my favorite villians, since hes one of those "Unlucky S.O.B." type of guys. I kinda felt sorry for him when I killed him

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Ori Disciple said:
samsonguy920 said:
You mean Rosenberg, I believe his name was... started with an R, though Im not entirely sure if it was him
Poor Breen, hes one of my favorite villians, since hes one of those "Unlucky S.O.B." type of guys. I kinda felt sorry for him when I killed him
Hmm, there's a thought, maybe Rosenberg was Breen, using Barney to get his sorry butt out of Black Mesa. I'm gonna have to replay Blue Shift and compare.

Ori Disciple

Oct 22, 2009
samsonguy920 said:
Ori Disciple said:
samsonguy920 said:
Hmm, there's a thought, maybe Rosenberg was Breen, using Barney to get his sorry butt out of Black Mesa. I'm gonna have to replay Blue Shift and compare.
I dont know... His face doesnt seem to similar if I recall, but hey, they may just look alike; it has been awhile since I last Played Blue-Shift

Fraeir

Sep 22, 2008
toapat said:
anthony87 said:
im wondering, why have people been acting like they have been awaiting HL2.3 for 17 years?
Maybe they want to feel like it's the "Duke Nukem Forever" of our time? xD
Dunno why, I still look forward to it, but I'm in no rush xD I'd rather want a good finale than a crappy one!

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Fraeir said:
toapat said:
anthony87 said:
Dunno why, I still look forward to it, but I'm in no rush xD I'd rather want a good finale than a crappy one!
exactly, and its only been 2 years. 2 years is nothing for a shooter. this is the finally of HL2. this game has to be amazing.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
samsonguy920 said:
To be fair, Blue shift wasn't developed by Valve, so it isn't official cannon.

As for the scientists, lets be honest, most of them where inchangeable, and had no names given in game, so how would you know he popped out of nowhere ;) And I think his name is Magneson, or something.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Fraeir said:
toapat said:
anthony87 said:
To be honest, it seems like a long time since the last episode - bare in mind these are meant to be short episodes, and whilst they've been short and good value for money, they've taken a long time between episodes.

I think at the moment, people are thinking "Ok, Valve haven't even put up a website for episode 3 yet, so its at least 2 years away if they created a website tomorrow".

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
Dr. Breen was the face of the combine forces. Seriously the episodes were not nearly as "compelling" without him in them.

Hopefully Valve won't pull a DigitalPh33r (cookie for the reference) with the Half Life saga.