Kidnapped Teen Forced to Buy PS3

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Kidnapped Teen Forced to Buy PS3

A Florida teen claims that he was kidnapped and forced to buy a PlayStation 3 by armed assailants.

Kyle Yarkosky was on his way to visit a friend at the Pebblebrook Lakes gated community in Naples, Florida and had just passed through the gates when his car was blocked by a white pick-up truck.

According to Yarkosky, two armed men exited the truck, one carrying an assault rifle and the other carrying a pistol. The assailants hit Yarkosky in the head, demanded cash from him and then forced Yarkosky to take them to his home where they stole jewelry and Yarkosky's stepfather's credit card.

The tale gets a little weird from here on in to be honest, as according to Yarkosky, his kidnappers made him drive to a local Wal-Mart so that he could buy one of them a shotgun, but finding the gun counter closed, they settled for a PS3 instead.

Once the kidnappers had the console, they apparently let Yarkosky go, making them the most inept kidnappers I've seen in a while. Naples deputies have arrested one teenager in connection with the attack, 18 year old David Daniels, who was seen with Yarkosky on surveillance footage at the Wal-Mart in question .

I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure that this is genuine. On the one hand, there are some mind-boggling stupid criminals in the world, but on the other hand, the story seems a little hard to swallow.

Source: Naple News [http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/nov/13/naples-teen-kidnapping-playstation-3/?3] via Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5404689/ps3-it-only-does-kidnapping-?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+kotaku/full+(Kotaku)]

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Err...

So instead of taking him to somewhere else to get a gun, they decide they'd prefer a PS3?

Yeah, OK.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I...I... WHAT?!

How the hell are they meant to use a PS3 in any way for criminal activity???

Does this mean that the PS3 is such an awesome console that people will threaten others to get their hands on it?

Guess thats a good tag line actually... "PS3: people will (literally) do anything for it!"

benylor

May 30, 2009
Well, the old model PS3 is pretty big. You could probably knock someone out with one.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
This would make a great advertising campaign for Microsoft...

"...only at gunpoint!"

Take us back to the Nintendon't days... aaah

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
Simalacrum said:
I...I... WHAT?!

Well, it only does EVERYTHING.

But I can't believe this story. I think either this was completely made up or it's this kids excuse for taking his parents money and buying a PS3.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Simalacrum said:
I...I... WHAT?!

Does this mean that the PS3 is such an awesome console that people will threaten others to get their hands on it?

Guess thats a good tag line actually... "PS3: people will (literally) do anything for it!"
jebussaves88 said:
This would make a great advertising campaign for Microsoft...

"...only at gunpoint!"

Take us back to the Nintendon't days... aaah
So what we're looking at is an elaborate conspiracy where both Microsoft and Sony work together to take down nintendo; genius!

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
It's not as hard to swallow as the guy who stole 100 copies of modern warfare from a gamestop without using a gun.

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
What the fuck....

You're damn right it's hard to believe. Could you seriously imagine a hostile, armed criminal saying in a dopey retard voice "What? They don't have shotguns? Oh well... buy a PS3 then...".

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
This is actully very believeable.

I am not surprised one bit.

It's seems more cliche.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Wow. Just wow.

[HEADING=1]Double Yoo Tee Eef,Mate?[/HEADING]

From what i get, the console is gone in unknown direction. He could have made it up as an elaborate gambit to get it for himself, but it could be true just as well. I have three versions:

A) The kidnapped teen was a huge Microsoft fan, and they MADE HIM DO IT. For the lulz.

B) It's a new marketing ploy by Sony, because come on... many of those PR guys are batshit bonkers.

C) Those armed goons wanted to play Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time THAT desperately. If that's the case, i can understand them.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
So... wait, what?

Some armed guys kidnapped a teen to buy them a gun, of which they already had, but when he couldn't get a gun, they told him to buy a PS3?

This makes very little sense.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
First drug dealers and Wiis, and now it's kidnappers and PS3s???

What happened Microsoft? What the hell happened?

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
Florida eh?
EVERYONE I KNOW and everyone else owns an Xbox while I play MW2 alone with cousins or you strangers.