Kidnapped Teen Forced to Buy PS3

Gildedtongue

Nov 9, 2007
"Would you stop complaining about your system, it's not like you were forced to buy it or anything!

... Okay, except for Kyle, none of you were forced to buy your console!"

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
So... wait...

They expected a teenager to be able to get them a gun?

Why did they want a gun anyway, since they were already armed?

And why did they choose the PS3 over the XBox?

Oh God, my head...
1: I have to agree with your wonderment on that one
2: one of the guys only had a pistol so I guess he wanted to be more badass
3: asking why they bought a PS3 is like asking why anyone has ever bought a PS3

Fygar

Nov 15, 2009
I wish I could believe that a story like this wasn't true. I wonder if afterwards these goons tried to add the kid to their friends list for doing them a favor?

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Maybe this is Sony's new marketingplan?

"BUY THE PS3 OR KIDNAPPERS WILL DO IT FOR YOU!"

Or maybe

"THE PS3! FOR WHEN YOU CAN'T BUY A SHOTGUN!"

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
thatstheguy said:
Lord_Ascendant said:
Dumbest. Criminals. Ever.
Not as bad as the criminals who tried to rob a bank while wearing masks with no holes in them.
Or the criminals that used permanent markers for masks.

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
I...really didn't expect to read this story when I woke up today. I'd say "dumbest criminals ever" or something like that, but I'm sure they've been beaten.
Kollega said:
A) The kidnapped teen was a huge Microsoft fan, and they MADE HIM DO IT. For the lulz.

B) It's a new marketing ploy by Sony, because come on... those PR guys are crazy.

C) Those armed goons wanted to play Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time THAT desperately. If that's the case, i can understand them.
I'll go with B. Marketing folks are crazy anyway.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
Simalacrum said:
I...I... WHAT?!

How the hell are they meant to use a PS3 in any way for criminal activity???
Well, it only does EVERYTHING.
I wonder if Sony is going to have to eat their own words when Fox claims that the PS3 slogan causes criminals to see it as a weapon.

The war on video games continues...

johnzaku

Jun 16, 2009
I think it's more likely that this is a cover story for Yarkosky stealing stuff from his parents with his friends.

If not, these guys are pretty dumb. =/

historybuff

Feb 15, 2009
Oh c'mon, this story came out of FLORIDA. Of course, it could be true! It's Florida!

Even fark.com has a special label for news that comes out of Florida because it's so weird/stupid.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
Guitar Gamer said:
SirBryghtside said:
So... wait...

They expected a teenager to be able to get them a gun?

Why did they want a gun anyway, since they were already armed?

And why did they choose the PS3 over the XBox?

Oh God, my head...
1: I have to agree with your wonderment on that one
2: one of the guys only had a pistol so I guess he wanted to be more badass
3: asking why they bought a PS3 is like asking why anyone has ever bought a PS3
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, FLAMING, IT'S FUNNY!
OT: I don't get why everyone is calling them stupid, since I don't see any of you doing anything of importance.
oh lord was I flaming? sorry that wasn't my intention you got me all wrong.
I own a PS3 and enjoy quite a bit.
Sorry about that what I meant was is that maybe they just like Ps3's more than x-box's, I've nothing against X-box's and probably a lot of PS3 owners can say the same but I just prefer the Ps3, maybe the did too...................of course, they did plan to force a teenager to buy a gun for them

psyk

Dec 25, 2008
So he just forgot to tell the cashier that he was being forced to buy it even if the guy was walking with him if he had said something it would of forced the hostage taker to A)run B)shoot him (which would be on cctv) or C)hold up the cashier (also on cctv) which would of been more funny for us and if B or C got him arrested a lot quicker and with actual evidence.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
OT: I don't get why everyone is calling them stupid, since I don't see any of you doing anything of importance.
Eh?

I don't follow. We're not doing anything of importance (a criminally short view considering you probably know little about everyone posting here) so we can't - rightfully - brand these criminals as stupid?

psyk

Dec 25, 2008
Jimmy instead of just robbing the kid and his house then going to buy a ps3 themselves they took the kid along and forced him to buy it, how is that not stupid?