Review: Modern Warfare 2

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Review: Modern Warfare 2

Modern Warfare 2 is everything a sequel should be, and more.

Read Full Article

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Yeah.

Thats about what I said.

(Note, I have not watched the video supplement, my schools Google Chrome doesn't have Adobe installed)

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Heh, I'm starting to see a little pattern on what members of staff review what games.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Jesus, way to be a game critic.

I'm a massive Infinity Ward/Call of Duty fanboy, and even I had a plethora of issues with the game's story, playability, multiplayer, and price.

Sorry, but this makes me question what motives you had to give this a near-perfect review.

PayNSprayBandit

Dec 27, 2008
My problem with the single player was the overall message that seemed to be found in it. In CoD4, the message was war is terrible and it sucks that good people have to fight and die to protect us all. But in MW2, the message seemed to be all war is bad so therefore all who partake in it are bad as well. I, for one, found the last level more disturbing than the terrorist one.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Damn. Sucks to be that astronaut...

Love this game. Love the plot. Love the settings. Vehicle section was a bit , so-so.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
TheRealCJ said:

I'm a massive Infinity Ward/Call of Duty fanboy, and even I had a plethora of issues with the game's story, playability, multiplayer, and price.

Sorry, but this makes me question what motives you had to give this a near-perfect review.
Indeed. I agree. Ok, the campaign was fun enough, but the multiplayer on PC is abit borked. And its impossible to get a big game because 'it'd be too much work' to Infinity Ward *grrr*.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Catchy Slogan said:
Damn. Sucks to be that astronaut...

Love this game. Love the plot. Love the settings. Vehicle section was a bit , so-so.
True, that bit was awesome. Just not for the astronaut ;)

Curtmiester

Jan 13, 2009
Looks like a fantastic game. I really need a new multiplayer FPS and this seems to have alot of replayablility and a massive chance for alot of dlc.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Ravek said:
So why is this review on the front page twice?
2 different pieces of content - the review and video review supplement of the single player portion of the game and a video overview of the multiplayer portion. We did the same thing with Uncharted 2.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Every modern fps wants to be a rail shooter?

I do find it hard to believe that the game is as flawless as is presented in the review.

hansari

May 31, 2009
MCGT said:
No mention of the Special Ops?
I know!

The Co-op missions helped makeup for the ridiculous frenzy of events InfinityWard calls "a plot"...
TheRealCJ said:

I was kinda hoping the whole "terrorist" level would be brought up.

To me, that was just a publicity stunt by InfinityWard...very shameful.

No explanation, no insight, no reason into why we are doing it or even why we bother getting so close to Makarov...for that reason it proved only as "morally compelling" as another level on Kane and Lynch...

*EDIT* I take that back...Kane and Lynch killing civilians made sense...they made it abundantly clear they didn't give a damn about anyone else in accomplishing their personal goals...

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
hansari said:
MCGT said:
No mention of the Special Ops?
I know!

The Co-op missions helped makeup for the ridiculous frenzy of events InfinityWard calls "a plot"...
TheRealCJ said:

I was kinda hoping the whole "terrorist" level would be brought up.

To me, that was just a publicity stunt by InfinityWard...very shameful.

No explanation, no insight, no reason into why we are doing it or even why we bother getting so close to Makarov...for that reason it proved only as "morally compelling" as another level on Kane and Lynch...

*EDIT* I take that back...Kane and Lynch killing civilians made sense...they made it abundantly clear they didn't give a damn about anyone else in accomplishing their personal goals...
Maybe you didn't understand the story - if anything that level had more plot significance than any other.