Win Every EA Game In 2009

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Win Every EA Game In 2009

Want to own every EA game released this year and get into The Sims 3? All you have to do is be Ashton Kutcher's millionth follower on Twitter. This is not a joke.

Ashton Kutcher, aka Kelso from That 70's Show aka that guy on MTV who got married to that lady who used to be married to Bruce Willis, who was in Die Hard, is the latest in the seemingly endless line of celebrities to adopt everyone's favorite social media service, Twitter.

Kutcher, who feels the need to make everything in his life into some kind of silly and fun spectacle, doesn't think that he has enough followers on the site. Or at least he thinks he can get more than CNN, who use the site quite frequently to interact directly with their viewers. So, Kutcher proposed a contest: if he can get 1,000,000 followers before CNN, he'll play a prank on Ted Turner, buy the lucky follower a copy of Guitar Hero and donate some mosquito notes for World Malaria Day because, hey, why not.

As if that weren't ridiculous enough, Electronic Arts, who seem to have some kind of grudge against Larry King, have entered the fray. They're taking Kutcher's side [http://twitter.com/EA/status/1528284459], and have raised the stakes by offering Kutcher's millionth follower not only a copy of every single EA game released this year but a guest appearance in the upcoming Sims sequel, The Sims 3.

Welcome, my friends, to the internet. Kutcher has amassed some 900 thousand followers already and can be followed here [http://twitter.com/aplusk]. As for EA, I don't know even know why they care.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
damn, i would like to do this but... to be frank i don't care :p
EA games generally arn't good, with only a few actually being good

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Really? I don't think I'd ever want to follow Ashton Kutcher ever anyway... so no go here. What an interesting concept though... I wonder what he's getting paid to do that?

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
I predict his growing number of followers will stall because they're all waiting to be his millionth.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
That's hilarious, and awesome....and pathetic at the same time......

Interesting concept to say the least.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I can picture that at 999,999...everyone will Follow him and it will crash the twitter servers. Genius!

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
Hmmm.....I want.

Maybe EA will release something half-decent for PC.

I wonder if it counts if you un-follow him then re-follow him...

Satki

Dec 29, 2007
I don't know who this is... strange thing for EA to do though, its hardly going to get them advertising on whatever

keyper159

Dec 13, 2008
2 questions,

1. Do we get to pick which system we want the games on, and can it be a different system based on the game?
2. How are they going to know who the 1,000,000th follower is?

And on that note its time to stalk a Twitter page.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
mrfft said:

2% cool, 8% Random, 90% Pathetic.

In case you wanted exact numbers.

heliosa

Jul 24, 2008
RebelRising said:
mrfft said:

2% cool, 8% Random, 90% Pathetic.

In case you wanted exact numbers.
But remember kids, 49% of all percents are made up.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
You know, for a second I was considering this. Then I remembered that EA isn't releasing anything both wonderful and original in 2009