180: When I was a Sex Goddess

AnGeL.SLayer

Oct 8, 2007
haha Glad to see someone agrees at least lol ;) though perhaps it seemes a lil far fetched it just depeneds on the girl in the end. its just that ive heard this from every one of my friends as well. we have talked about this and all seemed to have agreed...or admitted to this exact thing. lol bit scary for you guys huh? :p

^_^

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
I'm pretty easy myself, but most women don't realize that under that easiness is a darker side (depending on your perspective). I've used a woman's drive to manipulate someone to my advantage. One prominent case is when one of my buddies was dating this chick, she was a knockout, but was manipulative and would essentially get whatever she wanted from a guy. I really wanted a piece of her, so what I did is I convinced my buddy that she's no good for him. I was essentially telling him the truth. I made her aware of what I told him at one point, and she must have taken it like I would do almost anything for her, even betray a friend. We made out, got layed, and I cut her off ending it with a quick thanks. I got something from her, and she got very little in return. I came out straight to my buddy and told him what I had done, and he just said I only accelerated the inevitable. We were still buddies afterward. He was never a really close friend to me though. I think the worst I got from it was a punch in the shoulder.

I've often found myself cutting off from girls who take, and do not give anything in return. I'm a generous guy, I can really give and ask very little in return. If I don't feel that I'm getting what I deserve in return I'll speak it out and likely cut it off. Usually all I ask in return is a bit of respect and friendship. I ask for someone who likes having me around beyond fixing a computer.

There are a lot of women out there who are manipulative and self centered about it. But know that there are also men out there who do the same, and I tend to counter-manipulate. >=)

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
AnGeL.SLayer said:
All women want to be adored, some are willing to do more to get what they want. No matter who gets hurt in the end. Sad but true. and yeah I realize not all girls show this trait so clearly, but its there and they all have done something or other to test themselfs.
What's interesting though is how the anonymity of an online game allows any woman to experience the kind of attention and draw that would typically be reserved to just attractive or outgoing women.

Will women online become more sympathetic towards cliched attractive women who crave this sort of attention in the real world?

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
killerkitty said:
hmm i was reading bbc news and made me think of here, came back to post link for others interesting fact

girl gamers 5x more likely to be bisexual than other women [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.80408?page=2#comment_form] - cos we're cool like that haha (both ways)
A more likely title for that article would be "Girls on the internet 5 times more likely to be dudes".

TSFan

Jan 15, 2009
Madshaw said:
is there anything like this still out there? would anyone post a link if there was?
I'm not sure of this place's policy about such things, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by doing this. For those interested, telnet to shangrilamush.com port 9999. Be warned the content can be extreme, and it is DEFINITELY adults only. I mostly play there because the system is so thorough and the community is so big, it kind of helps me turn a blind eye to some of the more extreme content.

GrrWolfie

Aug 29, 2008
This article was poetry to my ears (or eyes I suppose :p).

Really summed up the old times which I had all but forgotten. Glad you found your prince charming through a battle of whit. Could there be a better way?

I'm adding text based Inn's to an MMO my team is putting together. Thankyou for the inspiration.

LazerFX

Driver
Sep 10, 2008
Madshaw said:
is there anything like this still out there? would anyone post a link if there was?

Edit : that sounds a bit wrong, but i havn't been on the internet for very long and this kind of thing sounds like it could be fun t try out, I love to write short stories etc. and think that the idea of an MUD sounds quite fun, all sex aside
I kind of understand what you're coming from, you're looking for the MUD experience, possibly with the whole sexual side as well, but not required...

I can recommend the Discworld MUD [http://discworld.atuin.net/]. I played on that, on and off, from around about '97 through to '02, and while I never achieved the maximum player character level with my Assassin (Viper house, all the way), I did complete various achievements in the game (Including succeeding in the 'run', the Assassin's 'rite of passage'.) The game is based upon the books of Terry Pratchett, and features a massive play area, all created by the in-game team. Well worth checking out if you like textual adventures.

In order to stop this from sounding like an advertisement, I'd like to echo and amplify a few of the points made by the author of this article, one that touches me quite closely. Obviously, spending such a long time online, I made some good friends - during the time of play, I logged over a year of online time, which demonstrates just how much time I spent online in the game (To compare, in World of Warcraft, I have just 88 days online time since 12/07/05). Some of those friends became somewhat more than friends, and it was through the textual interactions I became cognizant of many of the ways that human interaction can make, or break, a relationship; including the complicated ways that others often don't say what they actually mean...

In other words, it helped me to grow up and start to think of others (even those online) as someone, not just something. I like to think that has stuck with me, and influenced my interactions (to the better, hopefully) in forums, IRC chat, and other areas.

Nov 27, 2009
AnGeL.SLayer said:
Hmmm I must say this is a very different and yet dangerous artical. It's more or less summing up the darker nature of women....or better yet the nature of a girl to a women. I see your all reacting to this in the context of love and romance but its far from just that. Why would she be ashmed of love? online or not. Shes ashamed because this is what all women face at some point or another. The personal drive to dominate men...in every possible way. The need to know you control them from every angle and they cant do anything about it. Cold hearted, yes, but I'm not claiming it isn't.

Whats even more interesting is the way all you guys are reacting to this. She didn't come by that title by accident, it was purpose and drive to know she could get what she wanted from any guy she crossed paths with. The need to control anyone she wished to. Thats why shes sorry and why shes ashamed of her past. Sex was just another tool to use.

I must say, I've been down this road a time or two and I'm not proud of it either. You see an agronant guy with all his friends and you want nothing more than to crush him for it, knock him down a few notches you could say. Though its something you have to face and even writing a blip on it is hard to do let alone admit. A darker side where you exploit the nature of men. (sorry guys, you make it easy >.<'') Hopefully most women grow out of this...though some dont and all you guys know the ones I'm talking about. Honestly, you see them ALL the time on gaming forums like this. Just another tool to be used.

All women want to be adored, some are willing to do more to get what they want. No matter who gets hurt in the end. Sad but true. and yeah I realize not all girls show this trait so clearly, but its there and they all have done something or other to test themselfs.

Keep in mind I mean this all friendly...perhaps as a wake up call to some guys out there.

And any girl who denies this is a lair. lol just trust me on this one, I beg you.

^_^
Hahaha, women are pure EVIL. QFT, though.

Gunner_Guardian

Jul 15, 2009
I had a policy in Guild Wars not to get lured into this (i.e. give gold to attractive female avatars) and surprisingly it netted me a couple female online friends since I also had a policy of being nice to anyone and they seemed to like the fact I was nice and friendly and didn't objectify them.

Anyways great article, I must bow to you author, if your stories are true, what you did may have been slightly evil but very masterful done.

Hyrist

Apr 5, 2005
Hmmm I must say this is a very different and yet dangerous artical. It's more or less summing up the darker nature of women....or better yet the nature of a girl to a women. I see your all reacting to this in the context of love and romance but its far from just that. Why would she be ashmed of love? online or not.
Wanted to chime in and say that this is slightly assuming in that it isn't played by boys growing into men, though 'Sex Gods' are far less common than their female variety. Honestly, I believe that this is due to how different the game is for them.

I am just as guilty as she is when it comes to playing with hearts online, and I've quite a few years of doing so intermittently under my digital belt.

I've actually taken it as far as the 'lesbian' situations she's described, and learning through the years that the secret on the men's side of the exploits is that the focus of the roleplay, no matter who you are in the situation, is on the female's body. A male can spend some time describing in detail the tones and musculature of their body, but ladies are more interested in what you'll do for, toward and to them online.

Some are also just as vulnerable to attachment to men, though I believe they're less inclined then guys are, who are more immediate in their feelings than their feminine counterparts.

However, the entanglements are true for both sides, and are just as messy. Typically a separation of character and player, for as much as it's stressed, is often crossed inadvertently.

I have to applaud Amanda in being able to turn one such endeavor into a lasting relationship. Sadly I wasn't as successful, currently starting at the end of a seven year relationship that started online. And after that, I'm trapped between the temptation to return to my old ways to 'get by' or to shut it out all together for fear of repeating the same mistake.