Review: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Review: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Crystal Bearers tries to do too much and fails miserably.

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Furburt said:
Two final fantasy reviews in one day?

DEAR GOD.

But yeah, if there's one thing the wii does well, it's pointless minigames.

It's a shame, it could have been so much more, if not for the laziness of the 3rd party devs.
Aye, Agreed.

If only they put more effort into it

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I really like using telekinesis in games.

And I mean REALLY love telekinesis. I basically played Bioshock with only that plasmid. I tosse people around like crazy in Destroy All Humans. I pointlessly stole items with it in Oblivion. I used it a ton in Morrowind, since it was actually useful in that.

The Point [sub]TM[/sub]: Will I like this if I just like to throw stuff with Gravity magic telekinesis?

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
one of the funniest reviews ive read/seen on this site, and i was never planning on getting the game and it doesn't seem like i'm going to miss much.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
It saddens me that Square Enix put so much time into a promising game... but in the end it's just not good.

warbaloon

Aug 11, 2009
Repetitious final fantasy that you struggle through just for the story?
Who would have thought...

killgannon

Jan 19, 2009
Nice review, I just have one minor nitpick in regards to the name of the moogle. It says stiltzkin and I'm pretty sure you said slitzkin?

I may be wrong and to be honest I don't actually care what its name was, I'm just being a bit pedantic I suppose.

As for the game, I was intrigued at first but I could see the battle system becoming stale and repetitive far too quickly and I think personally I'd lose interest in playing it at all well before completion.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Well to be fair modern JRPGs are built around the long cut scenes and story, so you could have guessed that right from the start.

simplybushido

Aug 10, 2009
Well, I still might pick it up. If I find it that boring, I'll just play Shotgun Frisbee with it. Just like with Ninjabread Man.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
I heard this game was crap and this review said so. What were they doing for 4 years!?!?
Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy versus 13, The Last Remnant and Final Fantasy XIV, by the sounds of it.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Too bad.

Crystal has *always* been a pseudobastard child of final fantasy, with a lot of great ideas but nothing ever really coming together in the end.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I see a new Unskippable-special coming up. 2 hours worth of cutscenes? Woah.

eva243

Jan 29, 2009
I was initially looking forward to this game, but it has gotten so many bad reviews that if I ever do get it I will for the bargin bin price sigh :/

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Does anyone else think Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers is too long of a title? How many franchises can they chuck into one game's name lol? Imagine a sequel to this:
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers: Revenge of the Sequel

simplybushido

Aug 10, 2009
BlindMessiah94 said:
Does anyone else think Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers is too long of a title? How many franchises can they chuck into one game's name lol? Imagine a sequel to this:
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers: Revenge of the Sequel
That just screams pure evil....

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
I still don't think "oh the cutscenes are too long" has ever been a viable argument.
though i don't have a wii, i probably would try this out as the gameplay does seem fun, you said in the review that it gets tiring after awhile, but that's more opinion based than anything, I'm sure there's alot of people who will enjoy this game.