Best of 2009

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Best of 2009

Yahtzee looks back at 2009's best and explains that yes, he does actually like games.

Read Full Article

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I haven't played any of those games at all.
I therefore have no ground to form any agreement/argument, and anything I post will be pointless.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I liked the ending to Assassin's Creed 2 a ton myself. Then again, I'm a sucker for surprise endings that don't make sense. That's why I loved FEAR 2.

I didn't really like [PROTOTYPE] (as they want you to spell it) for two reasons:

cheap deaths and bosses

Alex moves like a train. No subtlety at all.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe, Liked the little flick at Halo ODST, nice!

Although, have to admit dont disagree with any games on there. Overkill gave me so much ful while playing it, well worth the funny, and the cheese factor is just so entertaining!

jtesauro

Freelance Detective
Nov 8, 2009
On Assassin's Creed 2, I was more annoyed with the whole Vault thing, and ironically it echoes how I felt about the other "Vault" I opened recently and that was the one on Pandora while i was playing Borderlands.

Honestly, I think I've just grown very tired with the whole "Open the Door, see what treasure's inside" plot device, because in a game where we've spent 20 or so hours working up to see what's inside this damn thing, getting ourselves killed over it, etc, it's just never going to live up to our imaginations. Frankly, I'd rather NOT know what's inside at this point. Would Pulp Fiction have been any less interesting if we'd seen what was inside the case that Jules had been carrying for his boss?

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
See, Yahtzee backs me up when I called BRB a good game.

Holy crap... I can't believe those words just came from my mouth... This is surreal!

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
[sub]...But I like C3PO[/sub]

OT: Yeah...
Great..
I guess.
What are you supposed to say?
That I'm not the only one who liked Beatles Rockband.

*Rub it in your face some more*

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Wish you didn't include this bit:
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Halo: ODST

BAH ha ha ha ha. But seriously.
Not because there's anything wrong with the opinion that it's bad, but I have never heard so much bitching about Halo since you mentioned disliking it.

I most certainly agree with not liking Desmond in AC2 though, I haven't played the first game but I immediately told my friend (upon borrowing AC2) "They should have just made the game set in the past where you are really an assassin rather than all this memory stuff" I can't get my head around why they thought the whole Animus thing was a good idea.

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
Hubilub said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
[sub]...But I like C3PO[/sub]

OT: Yeah...
Great..
I guess.
What are you supposed to say?
That I'm not the only one who liked Beatles Rockband.

*Rub it in your face some more*
Wait, i liked it too! (goes to get face-rubbing machine, currently typing from school.)