Mass Effect 2 DLC Delayed

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mass Effect 2 DLC Delayed

A bit of bad news for anyone tearing into Mass Effect 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001TORSII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968926&sr=1-1] today: BioWare has announced that the launch day DLC meant to introduce Zaeed to the game will be delayed for a day or two.

It's not the most auspicious way to kick-off Mass Effect 2 Day: Zaeed, the "gritty bounty hunter" included as part of the Mass Effect 2 launch day DLC, won't actually be ready to go right away. He was meant to come along with the forum post [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97585-BioWare-Announces-Cerberus-Network-for-Mass-Effect-DLC] earlier today that the character is currently unavailable.

"Sorry all, we've had some delays with Zaeed," he wrote. "Your Cerberus account should still be able to access Normandy crash."

Gamble didn't offer any explanation for the delay, but did say that the character should be ready to go by Wednesday or Thursday.

In other news, the fate of Dragon Age: Origins [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97471-Return-to-Ostagar-Bugged-on-Xbox-Live] DLC that was scheduled for release on January 5, is still a complete freakin' mystery.

via: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5457371/mass-effect-2s-downloadable-companion-delayed]

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Wait a minute... how do you pronounce "Zaeed"? ZAH-EED? ZAYD? ZEED?

Pocotron

Mar 16, 2009
So the DLC meant for day one was delayed to Day Two?

*Gasp*

Ah well, I can wait a year for Fallout 3 DLC, I can wait for this then, ey?

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Scrythe said:
First time I've seen it, but I'm gonna guess "Zay-eed".

OT - BioWare sucks at day one DLC. They should just... Give up and leave it a week or two.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
That... is not terribly worrying, since I'm assuming you can't just instantly pick him up as a companion in the first place, no? My meatspace commitments should prevent me from spending too much time on Mass Effect 2 tonight, so I rather doubt I'll miss him that much for all of a day or two.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Am I the only one who thought of him being a cyberpunk Roman senator when looking at the screenshot in the OP?

Anyway, it's just one character, I think we'll have more than enough to do in those 2 days. There's a still a wagon load of characters to meet, just do them first, then check out Zaeed.

Drexler

Nov 20, 2009
Game doesn't take a hit without her XD I've already explored 30sih hours in it. Worth every second... mostly

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Scrythe said:
Zeh-aid.

Also, a DLC for a day old game delayed? Quite the shocker.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
So this is good... right?

I think this may be the first DLC that I've ever bought. Damn you Bioware!

Vaalkor

Aug 17, 2009
I don't really think DLC should be released for a game that has been out for less than a week.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Oh no... Launch DLC delayed... The horror....

Seriously though, I don't plan on playing the game anytime soon, but I just have a major gripe with developers making Day One DLC that could have been in the game from the start. Especially if it's something as insignificant as a new character.

And who's in a hurry for one character? Especially if people aren't going to use it for all of their playtime.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
I downloaded Zaeed just now with no problems. Unless it won't unlock in game is what you are referring to.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Can't say I'm fussed. I don't get my PRE-ORDERED COLLECTORS EDITION... until Friday :D

Vaalkor said:
I don't really think DLC should be released for a game that has been out for less than a week.
Jbird said:
Seriously though, I don't plan on playing the game anytime soon, but I just have a major gripe with developers making Day One DLC that could have been in the game from the start. Especially if it's something as insignificant as a new character.
It's free. It's just insentive for people to sign up for the Cerberus Network.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Oh dear. I think BioWare are really starting to drop the ball. First RtO and now this? Wonder what next.