Traveler's Tales: Lego: Lord of the Rings "Would Work"

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005

Traveler's Tales, the makers of all of the LEGO games said that a Lego: Lord of the Rings "would definitely work."

When Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 [http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Star-Wars-Complete-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000R3BNDI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279570822&sr=1-1], Loz Doyle wouldn't confirm or deny that such a game was in discussion, but he said it is definitely possible.

"It's [Lord of the Rings] got three films - well, plus one if you add The Hobbit. It's got a lot of cool characters. It could definitely work," he said.

He went on to admit that most big-budget franchises would fit the formula. "There are very few things that wouldn't work, don't you think? There is an age limit, and Lord of the Rings is aimed younger in terms of appropriateness. So in that respect they work. Yeah, it would definitely work."

With Warner Bros. re-acquiring the rights to the films from EA at the end of 2008 and the fact that WB owns Traveller's Tales, a Lego: Lord of the Rings seems like an inevitability at this point.

Source: Videogamer [http://www.videogamer.com/news/tt_lego_lord_of_the_rings_would_definitely_work.html]

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
I would play it. It's LEGO and Lord of the Rings together, two very important parts of my childhood finally combined. Give it now!

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
That's...that's is better then the Idea of harry potter and lego!

Now we need star trek...and my life will be complete.

well, that's a lie.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
It could work see -> LEGOlas. Obviously this should be seen as a sign.

TheSpider

Jan 28, 2010
Lego Gandalf would be awesome. It would be better though, if it were to come out around the time of "The Hobbit" movie.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
I don't mind a LEGO game every now and again. As long as they're funny and they're based on things I care about. LEGO Star Wars, for example. I didn't get Batman, Harry Potter or the 2nd Indiana Jones game, but I'd definetly pick up LEGO LOTR - to see Gollum's LEGO avatar, if nothing else.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
As both a lego fan and a LOTR fan, I say please do!

BUT, when I look at the crappy Harry Potter lego, and how much they made me face the fact that legolisation is the new capitalism(Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Harry Potter, even BATMAN(!)), I must say no. Better yet, please don't, for the franchise's sake.

But since money is all that counts, and there's bound to be someone who will buy it, I say: do it.

Hell, it might even be pretty sweet to have a lego Gollum^^

EDIT: I got ninja'ed to Gollum, dang.

Also, I keep seeing lego Gollum with a raw rabbit or fish in his mouth;)

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
That's...that's is better then the Idea of harry potter and lego!

Now we need star trek...and my life will be complete.
Oh man, now I'm imagining what a Lego klingon would look like. Unless they already exist... disappears to Google that.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
The Lego games are awesome. Lego:LOTR could only continue that tradition.

I am really looking forward to Lego Harry Potter, as the early movies had some comedic moments of their own in anyway it should be excellent.

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
I think Star Wars was the best and most appropriate franchise to Lego-ize. LotR sounds like a boring cash-in. With Star Wars, you had unique characters and vehicles; that's what Lego is all about. In LotR you have some cliche characters (I know Tolkien started it all, but they've been done to death now) and a bunch of Castle Lego pieces that we've already seen before... sounds pretty dull to me.

However, that Star Trek idea sounds like it has promise, but only if it took the players though everything... Original, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, etc. Two words... Borg Lego. Hello?!

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
a LEGO Lord of the Ring i could actually see that i sound's like a wonderful idea....Next they can make LEGO Pirates of the Carribean...i can the world ending if that happens

Benicus

Jul 28, 2008
Greg Tito said:

a Lego: Lord of the Rings seems like an inevitability at this point.

<a href='/news/view/98328-Travelers-Tales-Lego-Lord-of-the-Rings-Would-Work'
target='_self'>Permalink
I saw that word and instantly heard it in Agent Smith's awesome way of pronouncing it lol

OT, that would be awesome :)