185: Mod & Blade

Nekura42

Aug 9, 2008
Great article Peter. This is the first I've ever heard of the game. You have convinced me to try the demo. Now, after having done such, M&B has shot straight to the top of my 'games to buy' list.

As if my free time wasn't already stretched thin enough... thanks a lot.

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
Try the Star Wars Mod. They keep improving every version of it. And keep your eyes open for the Last Days when it finally comes out for the retail version. Although, its going to be a while, unfortunately.

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
I don't get the reference to Elite... probably because I never played it. I always thought of Mount & Blade more like Pirates! Where it's open ended but you can do things your own way.

rob_d

Jul 20, 2008
Good article and I kind of get the Elite reference.

I've been playing Mount&Blade since .903 and immediately bought a key. I think I spend as much time in this game than I did in Oblivion, which I know play with FCOM Convergence ('twas a pain in the ass to finally get it to work, but the reward is very nice)

The modding community is fantastic. Loads of mods are out now and loads are being developed and loads are being converted to the latest version.

I see myself playing Mount&Blade in years to come because it's extremely hard to imagine how you can make the mounted combat better, well maybe till mount&blade II comes out hopefully with online coop mode.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Undead Dragon King said:
Watch Mount & Blade sales start climbing on Steam...

I freaking love this game
There was a sale on this weekend : mount and balde for £6.25! i very nearly almost bought it as it my kind of game but now is not a good time for money, as i owe people and my moped is in the garage + school trip final payment in at end of week. But now its £20 again! Damit
*Edit* no its not! still £6! Got it and loving it.

darknight910

Apr 15, 2008
This so far has been one of my favorate games of this year. I wasn't with the developing of the game (I picked it up in version 1.011) but I've come to love this game more then any of my recent X-Box 360 games, even though it looks like an HD version of Marrowind.

I highly suggest downloading the mod "The Eagle and The Radiant Cross" if you have the newest version that sets Caladria in the Renaissance period with the various being replaced with similar nations of that time like the Ottoman Empire, the Spanish Conquistadors and the Prussian Empire.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
I love mount and blade it is alot of fun. Add onto the all the mods available and it quickly became one of my best value for money games, second only to half price team fortress 2 and left 4 dead, and not by much. If there was multiplayer vs or coop battles then this would definitely be my top game of all time, here's hoping.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
I've been playing Mount and Blade for awhile. I haven't seen a game that's given better hand to hand or mounted combat.

The only thing that's missing is multiplayer.

Desavouret

Nov 11, 2009
I love seeing this game get written about in hopes that more people will jump on. I would like to see more dynamic world games, the emergent narrative that arises from these is brilliant.

Also there is a multiplayer expanision coming out called Mount and Blade: Warband. I think it's Q1 of 2010. I am excited.

Frenger

May 31, 2009
Mount & Blade is probably one of the few games I've played that has forced me to duck from time to time. Why? During a siege or when I get ambushed, those damn arrows swish by it almost feels as if they are about to hit me.

donfuhrer

Jan 30, 2010
Always love games from Paradox Interactive. One of the few publishers that made PC gaming very worthwhile.

Edit: Now make an article for 'Arsenal of Democracy' and/or 'Darkest Hour'