This Lost Planet 2 Gameplay Trailer is Stunning

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
This Lost Planet 2 Gameplay Trailer is Stunning

It might not have Marcus and Dom in it, but this Lost Planet 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Planet-2-Xbox-360/dp/B002DC8GEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278971504&sr=1-1] trailer with nearly three minutes of gameplay footage does a damn good job at selling this game.

[g4tv=44622]

The first Lost Planet really slipped under my radar, unfortunately - from what I heard, I missed a decent if not outstanding game; a good experience but nothing worth stressing out over.

If all of the Lost Planet 2 trailers make the game look this good, though? Well, I know for certain that I probably won't want to miss round two. The first minute or so is made up entirely of cutscenes - cutscenes using the in-game engine, yes, but cutscenes nonetheless - so it doesn't really get interesting until you hit that minute mark and it shifts to all gameplay footage, all the time.

The environments look cool, with standard brown-and-gray mixed in with some lush greenery and bleak snowfields. The third-person action looks cool. The monsters look cooler. It's like a big, sci-fi version of Capcom's other "Kill giant monsters game," Monster Hunter - only this one might actually sell more then ten copies in the States.

This is how you do a trailer, kids. Nice one, Capcom.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
Couldn't see the vid here, so I looked it up on youtube. It looks pretty awesome [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xwbZmYYTE].
Hubilub said:
You know Funk, there's a demo of it.
Neat! Is the demo on Steam?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
The first gameplay footage all those months ago had me sold, what with the online co-op and people abseiling around on giant glowey monsters.

Now it's more sold, I pray and hope Capcom doesn't announce some crazy DRM system for it, that would ruin my gaming year...

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Doc Cannon said:
Couldn't see the vid here so I looked on youtube andit looks [url"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xwbZmYYTE"]pretty awesome[/url].
Hubilub said:
I don't know. There's one for 360 and PS3. They are both online or offline, but the PS3 demo is apparently longer.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
Hubilub said:
Doc Cannon said:
Hubilub said:
I don't know. There's one for 360 and PS3. They are both online or offline, but the PS3 demo is apparently longer.
I'll have to check that out when I get home.

Wait... will this come out for PC at all? Must Wiki this.

EDIT: Yes, it will come out for all three platforms.
EDIT 2: No demo on Steam. Damn.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Interesting trailer. However, unless this significantly improves on the original, I wouldn't pay a third of this game's retail. The first game bored me to tears.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Soviet Heavy said:
video isn't working for me. ):
Doc Cannon said:
Couldn't see the vid here, so I looked it up on youtube. It looks pretty awesome [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xwbZmYYTE].
Hubilub said:
Should be working now.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
Doc Cannon said:
Wait... will this come out for PC at all? Must Wiki this.
PC version on the same day as consoles apparently.
Yup, that's actually pretty weird. I expected it to take quite a while (à la Extreme Condition or Mass Effect).

John Funk said:
Should be working now.
Yes, everything in order now. Thanks.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I think we just found a SoTC challenger for the "biggest enemies in a game" award.

I really need to re-download and try that demo out again sometime, I do want to like this game.

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
Damn when does this come out? I loved the first game despite all of it's flaws and it looks like Lost Planet 2 fixes everything I didn't like in the first, and ramps everything else up to 11. Definite buy for me.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Its already looking better than the first one did...be nice to see what it looks like extended slightly however

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Holy shit, that was friggin bad ass!

I enjoyed the first Lost Planet (I never beat it because of one retardly hard level if memory serves) and I look forward to this one.

I remember blowing that fucking moth out of the sky though. And fleeing for my life from that worm. I swear I saw it in there. Fun times

Mar 26, 2008
I can see how Marcus and Dom would fit right in. Great trailer! I think I may have to invest.
Although I wish people would stop using the word "epic".

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Hubilub said:
Doc Cannon said:
Couldn't see the vid here so I looked on youtube andit looks [url"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xwbZmYYTE"]pretty awesome[/url].
Hubilub said:
This is coming for PS3? I thought the Lost Planet name was for 360 only, at least the first one was....hm, what a funny world we live in

OT: Not too sure about that trailer though, all I was thinking through it was a weird parody game entitled "Gears of War: Devil May Cry Warfare (2)", but thats probably just me

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
wooty said:
Hubilub said:
Doc Cannon said:
Hubilub said:
This is coming for PS3? I thought the Lost Planet name was for 360 only, at least the first one was....hm, what a funny world we live in

OT: Not too sure about that trailer though, all I was thinking through it was a weird parody game entitled "Gears of War: Devil May Cry Warfare (2)", but thats probably just me
Lost Planet was not a 360 exclusive. I owned it for PS3 myself.