Prince of Persia Movie Trailer Gets Lego-Ified

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Prince of Persia Movie Trailer Gets Lego-Ified

First there was the game. Then there was the movie based on the game. Then there was the Lego set based on the movie based on the game. Now, there's the movie trailer re-imagined using the Lego set based on the movie based on the game. Whew.

[mtv=508500]

In retrospect, we probably should have seen this coming when they announced the over at MTV [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100094-Get-Ready-For-Prince-of-Persia-Lego] had the drive - and time on his hands - to recreate the latest Prince of Persia film trailer... using Legos.

Obviously, given that his principal actor is a tiny plastic Jake Gilbertandsullivan wearing a perpetual angry grin, the man's directorial options were limited. Still, he did the best he could, and the result is surprisingly entertaining.

We can hope that the Prince of Persia movie will be the first genuinely decent videogame-to-film adaptation, but if it isn't? Well, I guess we'll always have Lego machinima.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
That wasn't very good. At least the glimpse at the shirtless LEGO man with the faux washboard stomach was mildly amusing.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
"using Legos."

Surely "Lego" is both the plural and singular?

Maybe "Legos" is an American thing.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
I found the start pretty nice, but it just seemed to drag further on. But the drawn-on washboard stomach made me smile.

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Woodsey said:
"using Legos."

Surely "Lego" is both the plural and singular?

Maybe "Legos" is an American thing.
I always notice that. I've only ever heard/seen Legos used by americans.

Also IMO the trailer was okay I suppose, but nothing special.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I think the game will suck, the movie will be good.

I really do think the game will suck.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

And what brings you to this conclusion?

I hope the movie is at least as good as the Mummy (not exactly a high bar to hit, but it is a movie based off a video game, so our expectations are going to be a little lower). If not, well, it could be worse...

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
The Gentleman said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

And what brings you to this conclusion?

I hope the movie is at least as good as the Mummy (not exactly a high bar to hit, but it is a movie based off a video game, so our expectations are going to be a little lower). If not, well, it could be worse...
Nothing. Just a feeling. We're all bracing for the opposite. Good game, bad movie. But I smell winds of change...

WorthlessSix

Feb 19, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:

The game will suck? I didn't realize they were making another. If anything is going to suck, it's probably going to be the movie <.<

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
WorthlessSix said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

The game will suck? I didn't realize they were making another. If anything is going to suck, it's probably going to be the movie <.<
The game is out in a few weeks. It's been quite publicized...How did you miss it?

WorthlessSix

Feb 19, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
WorthlessSix said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

The game is out in a few weeks. It's been quite publicized...How did you miss it?
I guess I did miss it. I hadn't heard a thing about it. But now I wonder. Games translated to movies are notoriously bad. The same goes for movies translated to games. A game that was a game-turned-movie-turned-game could be on the epic levels of suck not seen since E.T. Gentlemen, this could be a moment history will remember. XD

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Nice, but, it lacked enetgy and...reason for me.

Still cool to see though!

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
So, can we expect the Video Game based on the Lego set based on the Movie based on the Video game some time soon?

...and sadly I'm only half-joking. I could see Lego Prince of Persia becoming an actual video game.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I could do better then that. I kid, I kid. Seriously though, the background is terrible! So is the lighting.

Where is the feel?

danielsharpe1634

Oct 28, 2009
"some time on his hands"? More like time for wasting. He couldn't even chose a good background, the frame count was way too low, and there were nowhere near the right amount of people in each of those shots.

Good effort, but there's still a huge amount of space for improvement