Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 15

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 15

Lulzy gets naked. What, like we have to say anything more than that?

Read Full Article

Silkyn

Feb 25, 2010
Even though most of the quests look insane, I think I'd still prefer them to kill 10 xyz's.

Great work as all ways!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The Great JT said:
Why is it in fiction that dying people always have some long dying speech to give?
Because it is how they lead the character onto an epic quest of revenge and killing....also because they want to be a main character lol

shirin238

Aug 19, 2008
Jaredin said:
The Great JT said:
Why is it in fiction that dying people always have some long dying speech to give?
Because it is how they lead the character onto an epic quest of revenge and killing....also because they want to be a main character lol
This explains like so much o_O

accountdeletethis

Stand-up philosopher
Sep 10, 2008
Silkyn said:
Even though most of the quests look insane, I think I'd still prefer them to kill 10 xyz's.

Great work as all ways!
Yeah, even thought it's still the same old "kill 10 xyz's, collect 10 xyz's", at least it's disguised in a hillarious fashion.

I'm wondering if they've put this kind of effort into the quests after the starting zones, though...

lewiswhitling

May 18, 2009
Brilliant as always.. wednesday is now my checking on the escapist day, and i have to say it's mainly because of this.

N i loved the comic you linked to.. those face shots were actually perfect :D

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Well Shamus those guys had properly matching outfits you must be the poorest hobbit in the shire.

Anyone else think that Black Rider is just going to be a guy in a costume terrorizing the locals just to see if it's scary or not?

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
fanklok said:
Well Shamus those guys had properly matching outfits you must be the poorest hobbit in the shire.

Anyone else think that Black Rider is just going to be a guy in a costume terrorizing the locals just to see if it's scary or not?
Damn it, I was looking forward to Nasguls (is that how you spell it?) but now you say that... sounds alot more likely lol.

I adore this series, every single week they are awesome!

giantgemclips

Mar 26, 2009
bbch said:
Yeah, even thought it's still the same old "kill 10 xyz's, collect 10 xyz's", at least it's disguised in a hillarious fashion.

I'm wondering if they've put this kind of effort into the quests after the starting zones, though...
Why yes, yes they do! It's the strong point of the game.

hellsop

Feb 28, 2009
The Great JT said:
It's a grand tradition dating back 19th Century opera, when any character dying of consumption was expected to sing a 20-minute aria before keeling over from auditory shock due to thunderous applause. Poisonings were only good for 15 minutes, and stabbings were relatively quick (and merciful to the audience) at a mere 10.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
That was a smart way to introduce DMotR here, Shamus ;) Also, loved the arrows picture. :)

DoctorNick

Oct 31, 2007
They're all wearing the same hat. Why are they all wearing the same hat!?

Madness.

Also maybe this is just my personal hobby-horse but I'd like to see a western RPG where wolves AREN'T generic slavering hellbeasts that have nothing better to do than to try and eat your face.

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
DoctorNick said:
They're all wearing the same hat. Why are they all wearing the same hat!?

Madness.

Also maybe this is just my personal hobby-horse but I'd like to see a western RPG where wolves AREN'T generic slavering hellbeasts that have nothing better to do than to try and eat your face.
Are you telling me that you WOULDN'T wear that hat? That you'd choose a DIFFERENT hat? That's madness!

Also, the wolves in LOTRO are generally your run-of-the-mill wolves. Wargs are the generic slavering hellbeasts.