Patrick Stewart Receives Knighthood

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Patrick Stewart Receives Knighthood

The classically trained actor Patrick Stewart, who has played such notable characters as Captain Jean-Luc Picard and Professor Xavier, has received a knighthood.

You might think that being a starship captain or a professor is good going, but why settle, when you can grab a knighthood as well? Patrick Stewart, famous for playing Jean-Luc Picard in X-Men [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Next-Generation-Complete/dp/B000RZIGVS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1276202284&sr=8-1] movies, was knighted in a ceremony at Buckingham Palace yesterday.

Sir Patrick, said that it had been an "unlooked-for honor", but that finding himself amongst the ranks of personal heroes such as Sir Laurence Olivier and Sir John Gielgud was the high point of his career. "The knights of the theater represented to me not only the pinnacle of the profession but the esteem in which the profession was held. To find myself, to my astonishment, in that company is the grandest thing that has professionally happened to me."

Sir Patrick - and it's going to be a long time before typing that stops being exciting - also paid tribute to the English teacher that had first encouraged him to perform, saying that he owed "literally everything" to the man: "Although many people in my life have had great influence on me, without this man none of it would have happened."

Source: BBC [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10217872.stm]

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Terry Pratchett, Patrick Stewart... so who's the next awesome Brit to become a knight?

Positive feelings aside, I'm practically vomiting with envy.

Feb 13, 2008
Make it so.

/salute Sir Locutus of Borg.

(Hell's teeth: If there was an X-men 4, you'd have two Sirs (or one Sir/one Dame) squaring off against each other, in Shakespearean. Awesome.)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Its been a longtime coming for Sir Stewart! Finally taken his honour alongside his old friend Sir McKellen!

Good for him!

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Wait a minute...Wasn't he already knighted? Is this an upgrade? Does he get a huge-ass lance? Why am I wearing a Next Gen Star Fleet uniform? What is going on!?!

D:

KwaggaDan

Feb 13, 2010
Okay, so now Star Trek has a knight in it's pocket too. Well, until Liam Neeson gets knighted...

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Fucking finally... it has taken WAY too long for this epic man to be recognised.

Dec 14, 2009
I made this thread yesterday, regardless, Sir Stewart deserves it. He's a great actor and voice actor, very rarely is someone great at both.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Jbird said:
Wait a minute...Wasn't he already knighted? Is this an upgrade?
I could have sworn I heard he'd been knighted a while ago too... hmm. Assuming that's not true, what am I remembering? Blast my wretched memory, blast it I say!

leviticusd

Mar 19, 2009
KwaggaDan said:
Okay, so now Star Trek has a knight in it's pocket too. Well, until Liam Neeson gets knighted...
Wait, is that a Star Trek vs. Star Wars comment? Uh...Sir Alec Guinness...the original Obi-Wan?

Dec 14, 2009
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Jbird said:
Wait a minute...Wasn't he already knighted? Is this an upgrade?
I could have sworn I heard he'd been knighted a while ago too... hmm. Assuming that's not true, what am I remembering? Blast my wretched memory, blast it I say!
Steve5513 said:
Wtf... I always thought he had a knighthood before this :O
Jbird said:
Wait a minute...Wasn't he already knighted? Is this an upgrade? Does he get a huge-ass lance? Why am I wearing a Next Gen Star Fleet uniform? What is going on!?!

D:
It was announced late last year that he would be knighted, it's now official.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Hey, I was reading this thing about Christopher Lee, has he been knighted?

Cause he ruled in WW2