Patrick Stewart Receives Knighthood

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
I am doing my very hardest to think of a "proper" post, with content, showing admiration and praise without sounding fanboy-ish, well thought-out, perhaps with a witty note as well, but since I cannot seem to find the words I will simply convey my opinion of and reaction to this news as follows:

YES.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Heh, just look at how many of you addressed him by his Star Trek name. Kinda ironic that hell be remembered most for being a starship captain, isn't it?
Congrats, Sir Patrick! Keep up the good work!

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
I love what he said here, too. He just oozes sheer class. I wonder if anybody saw him and David Tennant in Hamlet over Christmas last year. It almost blew my mind from the sheer amount of awesomeness.

That and the Extras episode. I don't think he'd need telepathic abilities to make most women's clothes fall off.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
i loved his voice over from Nausica, and of course Picard has no equal as captain (Maybe sisko, but i digress)

And of course, Uriel Septim needs no knightly title, but lets give it to him anyway :)

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Stephen Fry's Apple-loving ways disturb me a little but he is so awesome in every other way that I can forgive him this one vice.

P.S. That means I agree. :D

Mar 16, 2009
That's going to be a problem when he's drunk. "That's SIR Captain Professor Stewart to you!"

Well deserved though. Many congratulations to him.

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
can someone explain what the Knighthood means and where it came from? Cause im terribly confused on what just happened

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
Well played sir, well played.

Seriously, Stewart is one of my favourite actors, he totally deserves this knighthood.