Predators Trailer Returns to Series' Roots

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Predators Trailer Returns to Series' Roots

It might not have Arnie in it, but the reboot/remake of Predator is looking pretty impressive all the same.

It's not often that a reboot of a movie seems like a really good idea, but after the less than amazing Alien vs. Predator movies, going back to basics is going to be welcomed by a lot of fans. This new trailer shows off a little more footage then we've seen before, with the human prey narrowly dodging deadly traps, and a look at the Predator itself as it spears people, tears off heads as trophies, and does other, equally Predator-y things.

The plot details we've seen so far suggest that the basic premise of the original Predator movie - a team of skilled fighters is hunted by an alien in a jungle - remains intact. Rather than a US Special Forces team in South America though , it's a team of mercenaries and soldiers plucked from all over the world and dropped into a jungle on another planet.

I must admit, my excitement for this movie is steadily growing. The first Predator movie is immensely enjoyable, and this looks like it has the same spirit. Predators stars Adrien Brody, Danny Trejo, and Lawrence Fishburne, and is directed by Nimród Antal.

Predators is released in the US on July 9th

Source: Film Junk [http://www.filmjunk.com/2010/06/24/predators-international-trailer/]

PandyBear

Oct 24, 2008
Yes. The first Pred movie was epic, but that was 20 odd years ago now. The new take on the Pred/alien universe just plain flat out sucks. Regardless of how "back to the series' roots" they claim it to be.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
It's not that AvP sucks, it's a pretty cool idea. It's just that they are trying to take that idea and squash it into a single movie for people who don't know about AvP so it is a whole lot of stuff that is half-explained because that is all they have time for. Predator: Concrete Jungle was a pretty good game. There are no aliens in this one anyway.

Also did everyone but me hate predator 2?

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
I like Alien.
I like Predator.
I hate AvP.

A "back to the roots" is all I want to see...

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
The trailer looks good and all, but one thing that really annoys me about this film (and indeed a lot of recent remakes) is that instead of having an elite group from X country, its a group from all over the world. Which basically means the film makers have to rely on stereotypes for the audience to remember which character goes with which country. And that can get pretty ridiculous, when you have the French Guy wearing 'Orizontal black and white stripes shirts and carrying a baguette/the English Guy being all suave and sophisticated/ the American with an obsession with big guns, etc.

Also, the idea of setting it on another planet, well, I'm not a fan of it.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
I can't be the only one who smiled at the Directors first name.

Hehe.....Nimród.

I also hope the movie is good. I look forward it it

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
My only problem with this is that it doesn't seem like the Predators to go abducting their prey and then hunting them. I always got the impression that the Predators liked to hunt their prey in it's natural environment.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
This is still not blowing my skirt up.

In the first movie, everyone of Dutch's (Arnie's) team could play the lead in their very own action movie. They were tough, characteristic and had punchy one-liners. This new movie has Adrian Brody as some badass assassin (yeah...right), Lawrence Fishburne as the "mysterious ************ a la Riddick" and that same tattooed Mexican guy that Robert Rodriguez casts in every one of his movies...Oh, and ofcourse the token tough chick so as not to be to male chauvinist.

What made the first movie so good was that it starred a whole team of witty one-man-army action heroes. But seeing as brawny action heroes are out of style, they've gone for the more a-typical martal artists. Lame!

Maybe if it was Leonidas and his 300 Spartans vs. the Predators...That I'd pay to see.

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
Predator 2 was better. There, I said it. Danny Glover AND Bill Paxton play tough LA cops against Gary Busey as a government agent embroiled in trying to "catch" a Predator? Now THAT's a movie! If only you could understand a damn word anyone said...

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
As long as one of the humans covers him/herself in mud to hide from the predators thermalvision, I'll be happy.
I've been reading a lot about this movie and must say, I am throughly excited.

But really Logan, aren't you excited for The Expendables? I thought the movie full of action stars would be just as exciting, if not more, than this movie.

Retodon8

Jun 25, 2008
I never really loved the Predator series like some do.
I still enjoyed watching it though, especially the original.
After recently seeing the second AVP film, this one really seems like it could be very good in comparison.
I'll be giving the Predators another chance.

Shockolate said:
I can't be the only one who smiled at the Directors first name.
A guy called Nimród making a film about hunters, I guess that's appropriate. :)
(It's really more his given name than it is his first name though, because in Hungary family names come first.)

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
My only problem with this is that it doesn't seem like the Predators to go abducting their prey and then hunting them. I always got the impression that the Predators liked to hunt their prey in it's natural environment.
Yeah, that's my only real big problem with this movie so far. In all the other's they would go to the prey's planet, wait for a good bloody fight with high temp's and then they would go stalk their prey.

okogamashii

Mar 15, 2009
I'm just annoyed that Topher Grace is in it. Unless he dies horribly in the first ten minutes, I'ma throw popcorn at the screen.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
I've been keeping tabs on this prior to it been called "predators". Here's to hoping it redeems my respect of Predator which was lost in AVP 1&2.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
But the Predator breed aliens(from the Alien franchise) to hunt them.As seen in many of the AvP comics/novel,and the AvP movie.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
okogamashii said:
I'm just annoyed that Topher Grace is in it. Unless he dies horribly in the first ten minutes, I'ma throw popcorn at the screen.
You must be some kind of god that reads thoughts. I was about to post this exact same thing but I was gonna replace popcorn with soda (its messier)