PopCap Teases Plants vs. Zombies 2

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
PopCap Teases Plants vs. Zombies 2

A special message from PopCap Games has gone out, teasing more lawns, more undead hordes and more Plants vs. Zombies [http://www.amazon.com/Zombies-Mac-Intel-Core-Duo-1-6GHZ/dp/B002AUC5ZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278951751&sr=1-1].

The big secret about casual games is that they're not casual at all. They're like crack cocaine: They're cheap, they're everywhere and once you've taken a hit, you're hooked forever. It's easy enough to dismiss the run-of-the-mill shovelware garbage, but when you stumble over a truly good one, you're done. And they don't get any better than Plants vs. Zombies.

The concept is one of those Stephen Hawking space-time things that's so completely stupid it loops back into itself and becomes sheer genius: Zombies - shambling, bungie-jumping, Zamboni-driving zombies - want to get into your house and eat your brains, and the only thing preventing it are the be-bopping, unusually violent plants in your garden. It transcends silly and it works beautifully, and now it looks like more is on the way.

PopCap [http://www.popcap.com] recently sent out a message inviting journalists to an event of some sort on San Francisco on August 2. But this wasn't a typical RSVP; instead, it was an image of the PvZ zombie hand bursting out of the ground, holding a note with the date and the initials "S.F." under a scrawled drawing of a big bridge.

Beyond the obvious Plants vs. Zombies [http://www.popcap.com/games/pvz] link, there is no indication of what will actually be unveiled. Speculation that it might be news about the promised Xbox 360 version of the game has been kicking around, but I think it's safe to say that most fingers are crossed in hopes of a full sequel. Stay tuned!

Source: Electricpig [http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2010/07/12/plants-vs-zombies-2-teased-iphone-addicts-weep-for-joy/]

Coliumbos

Mar 15, 2010
The events of the first game are water under the bridge? Awww... the Zombies really do care! :)

Apr 28, 2008
So long as they have more absolutely adorable and fantastic enemies/songs I'm in.

Just adorable.

And I hope Secret Agent Corn can get in somehow.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Hmm, what the hell does S.F mean? This is pretty interesting, even though I wasn't a big fan of PVS. There was something about I disliked, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
ultimateownage said:
Hmm, what the hell does S.F mean? This is pretty interesting, even though I wasn't a big fan of PVS. There was something about I disliked, but I couldn't put my finger on it.
Sunflower maybe? Or San Francisco?

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
ultimateownage said:
San Francisco

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Baby Tea said:
Please let it be a 360 version!
That'd be freaking awesome.
You and me both. I can't get it on my PC because it's crap! If only the (maybe)first was ported onto the 360!!!

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
DarkPanda XIII said:
This is my response...

Explain?

OT: I still haven't finished the original, but I think it's a brilliant little game and a sequel wouldn't go amiss.

Maybe the title should be changed to "More Plants vs Zombies" as we have no idea what the announcement will be?

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
ultimateownage said:
San Francisco? Rthere is a bridge over s.F.
If im right please credit me :D

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Psychosocial said:
Well, that's nice. If it's a sequel, that means there's another game for me to pirate soon. :)
For even trying to mention piracy in the same thread as PvZ, you should be hung upside down, not by the neck. More painful, humiliating and degrading.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I do hope it's a full fledged sequel with survivor mode unlocked right at the start... it would be awesome =D

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
BloodyThoughts said:
Baby Tea said:
Please let it be a 360 version!
That'd be freaking awesome.
You and me both. I can't get it on my PC because it's crap! If only the (maybe)first was ported onto the 360!!!
You know your PC is terrible when you can't run a PopCap game. I'm not saying anything bad about PopCap (if you knew me in real life, you'd know that I've been in love with PopCap for years), it's just that their games aren't graphically intensive.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Psychosocial said:
Well, that's nice. If it's a sequel, that means there's another game for me to pirate soon. :)
I'm not sure if that's supposed to be funny, but it's certainly not very classy.