Preview: Civilization V

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Preview: Civilization V

Forty-five minutes is not enough time to play Civilization V. But Russ Pitts tried anyway. For you.

Read Full Article

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Great read, Russ.
Civ is one of my favourite franchises, strategy or otherwise, and I'm pretty excited to see how this new addition to the Civ family will play out! Your article/preview has both laid fear to rest and got me wishing for a new gaming PC to run it! Even though it was only 45 minutes of game time, I'm pretty darn jealous.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Really cant wait to see and play this myself...although so glad they fixed the stacking thing in a way.

Must come faster!

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
Gandhi is already preparing his stormtroopers to unleash wave of terror upon the owrld.

Smasngrab

Apr 23, 2009
God, im looking forward to it, ive spent silly amounts of time on all the civ games, And now there wil be some new goodness.

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
I... I just can't wait. And I'll be in luck because it comes out right when University starts up again, so I'll have plenty of projects to ignore!

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
One of few games this season im really waiting for. I grew up along with Civ series and im eager to see what they managed to do with the newest rendition. From what you say it seems they changed quite a bit, but in not-that-bad way. At least they didn't streamline it to be -click here to win- game.

Rucknar

Man of few words.
Jun 6, 2008
Civ 3 was and still is one of my favorite games. I played a bit of Civ 4 and Civ Revolution and felt that they lacked a certain something from Civ 3. Hopefully this will bring back that X factor which I seem to not have found in the others.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Ahhh, damnit. I'm going back to uni next week, and I intend on actually passing my course. I think I'm going to have to give Civ 5 a miss.

Sadface.

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
a bit sad that religion isnt in, but wow...

this is gonna be exceptional! seriously cant wait for this!

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
For the record, if you knew what you were doing, civ IV was beatable in 2 hours.

Feb 13, 2008
And you wondered why PR was never added to Civilization, or H&S, or HR. Strung to the gates in front of the tanks, they'd be. ;)