Sucker Punch Kills InFamous 2's New Cole

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Sucker Punch Kills InFamous 2's New Cole

The new Cole Sucker Punch created for InFamous 2 wasn't well received, so he's off the island.

When we first saw earlier this year [http://www.amazon.com/Infamous-2-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0GX88/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279900331&sr=8-2], Cole, the game's hero, had a new look. It was so different, in fact, that fan outcry has apparently made developer Sucker Punch decide to change his appearance back to something fans should recognize.

I didn't mind Cole's changed look, though his new jeans were very fashionista. There's no denying that InFamous 2's Cole was hard to compare to the original, looking like more of a bad boy with longer hair and tattoos whereas the original had a shaved head and looked like a nice young man (unless you brought him to the dark side by killing innocents).

According to reports out of Comic-Con, fan feedback has nixed the new look, with Sucker Punch remodeling Cole to something more familiar. In a very James Bond-like situation, InFamous [http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1108060p1.html] and less like the man who was in all of those E3 screens and videos," but no official images have been released yet.

I'm not sure the look mattered all that much, at least it didn't to me, and it seems like it would be a fair amount of work to change Cole depending on how far along development was on cutscenes and whatnot. I guess fans were pissed off enough to make it worth it. Sucker Punch has said it wants Uncharted 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101172-Sucker-Punch-inFamous-2-Will-Induce-A-Heart-Attack], so maybe it doesn't want there to be any hitches. Still, can't a guy grow his hair out and get a few tattoos without getting criticized?

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
HUZZAH! Baldy's back!

Calumon: Hey baldy! You haven't got any hair, wanna know why? 'Cos your so bald!

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Thank God. I don't know what exactly possessed them to change the character so much anyway. There was absolutely no point to the changes from my perspective, and while familiarity breeds repetitiveness in most cases, this really shouldn't have any affect on it.

Cyrax987

Aug 3, 2009
I personally didn't mind the new look at all, as long as the combat is still fun and the parkour is awesome I'm all set.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
It wasn't a look change. It was the fact that he appears to have lost 15 years of age. His voice (instead of going from high and teenish to older, more mature and gravelly, did the opposite.

THey tried to introduce a younger character in the sequal! I like that they listened! :)

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Thank you god! The new look was so horrible that i took it for a joke the first time i saw it! YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developers need to stop making their characters look like Nathan Drake.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Fuck. I hated his look at first but I kinda got used to it. I don't want the same model in both games. Yes tribal tattoos are retarded and Yes his voice sounded bitchy but it wasn't that bad. I'm a glad he no longer looks like a tool but I hope they have some kind of mix between both models.

The Thief

Apr 24, 2008
This 'new' Cole sure sounds like a pansy if it only took one sucker punch to kill him.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
If they hadn't of actually remodeled his face (and included those ridiculous jeans), and just added hair to the old face then I doubt there'd have been a problem.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I didn't really mind the new look Cole but I did prefer the older one. Im glad Sucker Punch are listening to the fans though.

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
I don't mind if he wears something a little different but it's good that they kept him looking similar.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
I'm glad they're sticking with the the old look (not because I like either look, but making your character no longer resemble himself is ridiculous).

What bothers me more is still the use of a different voice actor. Not all that often I really notice what Cole looks like anyways, but I certainly hear him...

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Eh, I'm alright with either one, though the old Cole wasp more likable from what I've seen of the new one.

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
What? I liked the new look. It seemed a little more minimalistic then the look from inFamous 1.

Still, I liked the first so much that I'll probably end up getting the second even if they decide to dress Cole up in skinny jeans, a puffy shirt, and a 2 foot tall pink mohawk.

MMETEORAGA1994

Jul 12, 2010
I was kinda peeved about Cole's new look. As in 'Zomg I DONT WANT TO PLAY INFAMOUS 2!!!!11' peeved.

But now my outlook on it has improved, just because they changed the main characters look