Sucker Punch Kills InFamous 2's New Cole

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
The "old new Cole" looked fine to me. Was an obvious marketing pull to make him more ethnically ambiguous, but looked fine in any case.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Bah, one grizzled white male to another. To be honest I don't know what they were thinking to begin with, changing the overall look of the character. If Uncharted 2 is your milestone, then notice how Nathan Drake didn't really change much visually. My main problem with the protagonist is the fact that he looks so bland it's almost a joke. I mean what's the difference between him and, oh I don't know...

tendo82 said:
The first Cole looked like a douche bag circa the late 90's and the second Cole basically followed suit. You're splitting hairs if you think one version looked markedly better than the other.

Also, making style decisions based on the whims of your adolescent male fan base is a great way to ensure you make a game with totally forgettable art direction. Culture makers create trends, they don't follow them.
Totally agree. Also I'm glad you're still around Tendo, I thought you were gone for good, thankfully I'm wrong. :D

Porecomesis

Jul 10, 2010
Thank god for that. I preferred Old Cole, with his gravelly voice and shaved hair and jacket that, when combined, said "Don't you dare mess with me or I'll fry your innards". The new one just looked too casual to be taken seriously. In all honesty, he still looks too casual, but less so (thank god). Give him a jacket or something.

And why would Sucker Punch want the game to be as good as Uncharted 2? The first inFAMOUS is, and always will be, much better.