Ninja Gaiden Creator Calls Devil's Third "Best Game Ever"

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Ninja Gaiden Creator Calls Devil's Third "Best Game Ever"

Dead or Alive creator Tomonobu Itagaki thinks his next game Devil's Third will be the very best game anyone has ever made.

[gametrailers=701271]

You have to give Tomonobu Itagaki credit: The man doesn't do many things halfway. Ninja Gaiden? Over-the-top violence and hyper-speed gameplay. Dead or Alive? Let's turn those jiggle physics all the way up! Upcoming third-person shooter Devil's Third? The best game ever made.

Well, that's what he says, anyway.

Speaking in the latest issue of unveiled at this year's E3 [http://www.next-gen.biz/], was shaping up. The outspoken game designer admitted that some of his games (notably the recent Ninja Gaiden) had tended to lean towards "murderous" on the difficulty curve, but said that feedback from THQ testers was helping to keep Devil's Third firmly in the zone of accessibility.

[blockquote]Ninja Gaiden, it was absolutely intentional that it be that difficult. That game was a revival version of a classic game for old-school gamers, so I wanted to make the hardcore happy. Ninja Gaiden 2, though, I really wanted more people to enjoy that, but ... we ran out of time for balancing. That was a tragedy. Really.[/blockquote]

"For Devil's Third, there's absolutely nothing to worry about. We've got support from THQ's testing team, and we're going to work really closely with those guys to balance out the game. It's going to be the best game ever."

Big words, Mr. Itagaki. Let's see if you can back them up.

I can't be the only one imagining a team-up project between him and Peter Molyneux now, can I?

(CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=258344])

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
How can he rate a game that hasn't even been released the best game ever? Maybe in his career, but I wouldn't rate it too soon, it reminds me too much of the Daikatana case.

EDIT: His comment, not the game..

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Ummm is the video just completely unrelated? I just saw 30 seconds of fatal inertia from years ago...

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
John Funk said:
I can't be the only one imagining a team-up project between him and Peter Molyneux now, can I?
It's a fun image.

"It'll have real-time world changing, you'll see characters age, they'll be sexy when they're young, you'll want to **** them, because they'll be so sexy when they're young..."

"IT'LL BE THE BEST GAME EVER!"

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Khaiseri said:
How can he rate a game that hasn't even been released the best game ever? Maybe in his career, but I wouldn't rate it too soon, it reminds me too much of the Daikatana case.

EDIT: His comment, not the game..
The guy's like a self-important asshat. Very in-your-face about what's on his mind, too. But hey, judging from the trailer, the game might turn out to be a blast (no pun intended). Oh, and there's still hope as long as he doesn't launch an ad campaign to make us all his bitches.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I'm pretty sure that's the wrong video... Am I the only one that's getting Fatal Inertia?

FOR SOME REASON FATAL INERTIA CAME UP. IF YOU SAW A VIDEO ABOUT RACING, IT WAS THE WRONG VIDEO. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, BUT THE ACTUAL VIDEO SHOULD BE AN INTERVIEW.

Well, I don't know if that will be the best gave evarr but it certainly looks like it could be fun. Hey, if he puts a good story to it and the gameplay is as good as it looks, then we might have something great here.

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008
Uhh...a "racing" game will be the best game ever. Yeah...I've got just a FEW reservations about that. I mean, Fzero looks like more fun than that. And it was.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I don't think the man is being serious.

I sincerely hope the man is not being serious.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
It's the wrong video, but even if it were the right one I'm not sure I could care much less about his new game.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Booze Zombie said:
John Funk said:
It's a fun image.

"It'll have real-time world changing, you'll see characters age, they'll be sexy when they're young, you'll want to **** them, because they'll be so sexy when they're young..."

"IT'LL BE THE BEST GAME EVER!"
"You'll be able to plant an acorn, and the acorn will grow into breasts. And you can bounce these breasts in any way YOU choose."

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
i dunno... it feels that he is jumping in the FPS bandwagon fairly late and hoping to catch attention from everyone

even so, the guy seems like an unreasonable dick in my opinion, but still he does have an unique style in video games...

lets see how this comes out!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
sneakypenguin said:
Ummm is the video just completely unrelated? I just saw 30 seconds of fatal inertia from years ago...
Nope... it's an interview with the main dev. Unsure what happened to you.