Play GoldenEye In Style With Gold Controller

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Play GoldenEye In Style With Gold Controller

Activision is applying a Midas touch to GoldenEye 007 and will include a gold controller with the game's limited edition.

One of the great things about FPS titles on the Wii is that there are a number of ways to play them. Gamers can choose between the standard Wii Remote/nunchuck setup, the Wii Zapper, or they can often use the Classic Controller to provide a more familiar console FPS experience. Activision, as it turns out, is going to give players the option for the latter with its upcoming remake of <a href=http://www.amazon.com/James-Bond-007-GoldenEye-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B003O6H7X0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1281541771&sr=8-2>GoldenEye 007. The publisher has revealed that it's going to release a limited edition hardware bundle that will come with a gold-colored Classic Controller Pro.

The inclusion of the controller has been rumored for a while across the Web, but this is the first time Activision has officially said anything about it. I'm a fan of playing shooters on the Wii using a conventional means, so I think this limited edition controller is actually pretty cool.

The GoldenEye 007 Classic Edition has an expected pricetag of $69.99, while the normal version of the game is listed at $49.99. With the game's November release fast-approaching, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Classic Edition making its way into a number of Christmas stockings this year.

Source: <a href=http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/111/1111528p1.html>IGN

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
GoldenEye only goes good with N64 controller but by god! wtf is that?!? looks like the PS has infect the Wii

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
That looks hilariously retarded, and it would be so out of place with the wii's colour scheme. But anyone who bought one of those solid gold Wii's will be happy.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Okay, that is dumb. I dunno, I just don't like it.

Although, if I'm not mistaken, buying the limited edition does get you the controller cheaper than buying it separate. So, I guess if you need a controller than buy this.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
Not sure how a spray-painted controller is going to lure anyone to buying the game, but whatever. If anyone wanted to play it before, I don't know that an additional $20 controller is really going to make them want it more.
That paint job does look a little terrible. You'd think they could have at least made it a metallic paint... make it all shiny and crap instead of a weekend project from an eight year old wanting to show off to his friends. But I'm sure that $20 is still less expensive then buying a replacement controller.

I think more people would want to try the game with the new control scheme through the Wiimote or the light gun since we didn't have those for the original release of GoldenEye. And yeah, that controller looks oddly like a Playstation one... just thicker.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I just watched a preview trailer of the Goldeneye remake and I'm sincerely pissed that they've recast Daniel Craig as Bond. Daniel Craig was not the Goldeneye Bond. As far as I'm concerned, he never should have been Bond in the first place.

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
Dr Bob said:
Shame that the classic controller is awkward to hold.
The Classic Control Pro is much easier to hold than the original, but it's way too much like a PS2 controller now

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I'm sure if you scrape off the paint around the Home button, you can find the Tri-Force.

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
play "Goldeneye" with gold controller I think. Very similar to watch "ABBA" tonight with our very own tribute band: Sweedish Nights

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Yeah... I'll just get the game and a separate normal coloured controller, thanks. Well, assuming I still have the Wii by that point. The only thing making me keep it is the fact that I haven't got around to finishing No More Heroes 2 yet.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
SnootyEnglishman said:
It sounds cool and all..but I'm sticking with my N64 copy of GoldenEye
I would too, but my N64 broke a couple years back, and before that my copy of Goldeneye went to shit. So fuck, Im buying this game, I may even buy the delux version for the controller.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Two things spring to mind. 1, That may well be the least aesthetically-pleasing controller EVER, and 2, THEY REPLACED PIERCE BROSNAN WITH DANIEL CRAIG! Why?!!!!!!!!