1k Posts. Where Do I Go From Here?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I hit 1k posts awhile back. It was awesome. I had dreamed of it since my profile's creation. It seemed so far off, but I hit 900 and knew I was close. And then it happened. Now it feels like my forum long goal had been met... Now what?

The obvious choices are 2k, 3k, 4k, etc. But those don't seem to hit the level of high getting 4 digits did. And 10k... Not a chance in hell. I don't post often enough for that to be possible. I browse very often, many times a day... I just don't post a lot. It's mostly reading material for me.

So, I dunno where to go from here. My goal has passed. The next one that can give the same high is far off into the distance, to the point I can't be arsed. What would you do in my case? Badge hunting, perhaps?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Isn't it obvious?

SONIC INFLATION THREADS EVERYWHERE!!!!!

[small]Inside joke new people; this is for members of the old guard to enjoy :D[/small]

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Keep posting and stop caring. :3

Just let the big post counts come naturally, I say. Keep participating in the community and they will come.

Or utilize the power of Forum Games/User Groups to inflate your post count. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
tippy2k2 said:
Isn't it obvious?

[small]Inside joke new people; this is for members of the old guard to enjoy :D[/small]
Oh Lawd no. Once was more than enough. I do miss those reaction gifs, though.[footnote]Speaking of which, I ran across he-who-shall-not-be-named on a different website half a year ago, and he hasn't changed. If anything, he's gotten worse.[/footnote]

Back on-topic, congratulations are in order. You've joined the ranks of those who have endured enjoyed this place enough to stick around. I'm in the same boat; big lurker, seldom posts. My advice would be to just keep doing what you always do. We're a pretty chill bunch around here, all things considered.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I'd say for the much reachable goal of 5k. You still get that sweet, sweet high. Well, at least I did.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Elvis Starburst said:
Where do I go from here?
What an incredible crisis!

Why not join the Escapist United Nation of Pure Fun (EUNOPF!)? Or, in fact, don't sweat it and do whatever your heart commands?

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
To a group chat, it will help raise your post count and if your lucky Dirty James Cop Fun will show you his lewd collection. I recommend EUNOPF.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Downwards!
Be the first one to achieve going from 1000 to 999, then 998, 997, 996 and until you're back to that glorious number 1!
If you can achieve that, you'll be GOD around here!!

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
I'm rather miffed I didn't get a neo badge even though I can't recall getting any infractions. (at least, not in a long, long time. Can't remember the exact criteria for the badge though. Maybe I haven't been over 5000 long enough?)
Still, I wouldn't know what to suggest after a thousand.

Maybe something mathematical? Like pi? (3141 posts).
Scifi reference? (1701)

Prime number? there's tons of those over 1000. see https://primes.utm.edu/lists/small/1000.txt

Plenty of options. Though badges are more fun. Kinda frustrating because some are really exclusive though.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Err just keep on posting? I mean you can just carry on posting comment without the need/ desire or an endgoal?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Elvis Starburst said:
I hit 1k posts awhile back. It was awesome. I had dreamed of it since my profile's creation. It seemed so far off, but I hit 900 and knew I was close. And then it happened. Now it feels like my forum long goal had been met... Now what?

The obvious choices are 2k, 3k, 4k, etc. But those don't seem to hit the level of high getting 4 digits did. And 10k... Not a chance in hell. I don't post often enough for that to be possible. I browse very often, many times a day... I just don't post a lot. It's mostly reading material for me.

So, I dunno where to go from here. My goal has passed. The next one that can give the same high is far off into the distance, to the point I can't be arsed. What would you do in my case? Badge hunting, perhaps?

Pffft... You're not even 1337 yet! Come back when you hit the real mark! ;)

Or, you know, just wear your Morphius with pride like me! :D

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
tippy2k2 said:
Isn't it obvious?

Hahaha, oh fuck you. nO. Nooooo. My brain was wiped clean.

I've never counted my posts. I come and go as I please. Having too much attachment to forum threads can be unhealthy for my lifestyle.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
You get gud, skrub.

Or just not give a shit and post willy nilly like I did.
Shit's fun.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Congratulations.
Now join me and stare at the neo badges, knowing that you will never reach it without resorting the deep dark depths of forum games and ERP.

Neverhoodian said:
Speaking of which, I ran across he-who-shall-not-be-named on a different website half a year ago, and he hasn't changed. If anything, he's gotten worse.
Uh, is this Max you are talking about?
I never did understand his fame/hate.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Make a thousand more posts, then a thousand more after that, until you become one with the site. Post not in hate, for that leads to suffering and emptiness. Let your words fuel others and let theirs fuel you. In the end, it is not the posts but the people that matter, so let your efforts be the wind beneath their wings.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
All viable ideas, guys! I think that Neo badge seems like a good start, actually... I think I'll give that a shot. It makes 10k more reasonable by having a middle ground that can still offer something great. A shiny badge of an impressive level.

Thanks for the help!~

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Isn't it obvious? You relentlessly plot to take over the Escapist, and then the world!

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Post so much that you drive out every other member, eventually just starting threads and writing replies to yourself. Get banned for flaming in a heated R&P debate over whether or not being entered by a stallion is ethical.

People can be surprisingly vitriolic over bestiality, I'm not completely making this up.