1TB Call of Duty: Black Ops III PS4 Bundle Confirmed for November

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
1TB Call of Duty: Black Ops III PS4 Bundle Confirmed for November

The bundle will be available in North America on November 6.

A 1 TB PlayStation 4 was announced in June [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141298-Sony-Has-Announced-a-Release-Date-for-the-1TB-PS4-in-Select-Areas] for select European and PAL territories, with no word on when those of us in other areas would have the opportunity to get our hands on one. For gamers in North America, the wait is over.

An PlayStation Blog [http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015NGZFWS] shortly after. The console features a gray and orange color scheme and will be available on November 6 for $449.99. The bundle will also be released in Canada for $549.99 CAD.

"The PS4 included has a 1TB hard disk drive, the first of its kind in North America," the blog post reads. "That's plenty of room for the DLC - which comes 30 days earlier on PS4 - and saved videos of your best matches. That Share button is going to get a workout, too - our 3.00 system software update for PS4 adds the ability to share short video clips directly to Twitter natively, making it much easier to share your multiplayer feats with the world."

"Last month's beta on PS4 was a phenomenal success. We want to thank the amazing PlayStation Nation for its feedback, for its participation, and for making Black Ops III the largest beta in PS4 history," said Activision's GM of Call of Duty Rob Kostich. "Black Ops III is without a doubt the most ambitious game that Call of Duty has ever created - Treyarch is pushing the boundaries across each and every mode of play on PS4."

"From day one, it has been designed to push the franchise to new heights on next generation hardware," Kostich continued. "We cannot wait for you to experience Black Ops III for yourselves on November 6th, and we hope you like the Black Ops III Limited Edition PS4 as much as we do!"

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Considering the memory on my PS4 is already over half full and my game library isn't even in double digits, I do like the idea of the 1TB. Doesn't mean I'm going to buy a whole new system, and I am a little miffed that they're figuring this out now, but progress I guess?

Not a fan of the color scheme, but I do like the design and the details on the front.

John Markley

Jun 29, 2015
Orange and grey is an unfortunate color combination. Not one that really makes me think "miitary,"either.

ddrkreature

Jun 24, 2013
I'll give the Xbox One something over the PS4. The designs of the special edition consoles of the Xbone look better than the PS4s do. My opinion, of course.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Hmmm, I was going to buy a PS4 for Disgaea 5 in October but the 500gb systems had me concerned with space issues. I might get Disgaea in October(always a limited run with them) but wait to get this 1TB system in November.

If the bundle comes with a physical disk of the CoD game, I'll trade that in. Not my kind of game.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
I just recently acquired the Destiny: The Taken King PS4 bundle last week when it released (yes, I had pre-ordered it). It's a much, much, much nicer looking console than this version, in my opinion. In fact, the reason I bought it was not for Destiny; it was for an awesome-looking PS4 console.

ADDENDUM: I did not previously own a PS4 or Destiny.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
-Dragmire- said:
Hmmm, I was going to buy a PS4 for Disgaea 5 in October but the 500gb systems had me concerned with space issues.
I will confirm that space issues are certainly going to be a concern. I own a 500GB system, and what I said above is no joke. I don't even own ten games yet, and already I'm over half full, or close to it, on the system. And that's AFTER I deleted a game from the system (because I got the platinum and was done with it).
Personally, I suggest you wait and just get this new version. Maybe not the bundle if you're not into Call of Duty, but I'm certain there will be new regular PS4s with this memory. Otherwise, you're going to be managing your storage a lot sooner than you would think.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
John Markley said:
Orange and grey is an unfortunate color combination. Not one that really makes me think "miitary,"either.
The controller puts me in mind of Half-Life...honestly I'd rather get a remastered Orange Box than the latest BlOps but that's probably just me. Oh well; a 1TB standard will probably be on the way in no time.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Well, blah!! I'm actually getting my PS4 shipped to me today (Got a bundle with Destinty Taken King and Phantom pain, for $400.

I was pretty sure that was a good deal and I wouldn't probably see anything that much greater before the end of the year. I guess I could return it (cause double the memory is a pretty big deal), but honestly I don't even see 10 games I'll want in the next year....and I'm getting physical disks for the 2 being sent to me (so shouldn't take up much drive space).

Still, talk about timing, I ordered the system Sunday, and Tuesday a new one is announced that is better (even if the color is blah).

I may look into reselling phantom pain actually, I can see renting it and playing it over a weekend, but I have not played any of the recent games in that series. Gonna check and see how much I can get for it through amazon (gamestop won't even take new games...so is worthless).

Gatlank

Aug 26, 2014
Sniper Team 4 said:
Considering the memory on my PS4 is already over half full and my game library isn't even in double digits, I do like the idea of the 1TB. Doesn't mean I'm going to buy a whole new system, and I am a little miffed that they're figuring this out now, but progress I guess?
Serious question since i dont have an interest in this console gen.
You can't upgrade the hard drive of your console through normal means i.e. just go buy a new hdd to replace the other?

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
Gatlank said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
You can't upgrade the hard drive of your console through normal means i.e. just go buy a new hdd to replace the other?
I believe with the PS4 it's easier to do and that you can..
I think XBONE is hard if not impossible.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Gatlank said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
You can from what I've read, but I don't want to do that. I never had to do that with my PS3, and I own quite a lot of games for it and still have memory left over. It just seems like this should have been considered from the beginning. Upgrading the storage space on your console should be a choice I think, not something you might be forced into doing on a console.